M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

08-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
mcgillmw
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 C

Interior Lights Coming On Randomly

I have been having battery discharge issues the last 5 months. When it started occurring I test the battery voltage and it is okay. I would get dreaded alarm going off if you lock the doors with the fob, even if I clicked it twice to "disable" the interior motion sensor. I have been manually locking the door very carefully making sure it goes down just far enough to settle down once the door is shut, as it wont just go down normally after shutting off the car. Fast forward and while I was outside grilling I noticed my interior lights randomly coming on along with the door handle lighting....odd. This happens randomly throughout the night apparently and is most likely causing the battery DC, still unsure if it is related to the alarm issue as well. My gameplan is to disconnect the comfort access for each door handle and see if that somehow is the problem. Just thought I would ask if anyone else has seen this type of farcicality??
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Looks like a short in the wiring loom.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 10:12 PM   #3
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Are you having issues with any of your door locks or comfort access features? Usually this is a product of one of your door locks malfunction causing the alarm to trigger because of the extended electrical draw.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 01:09 PM   #4
mcgillmw
Rep

I am currently 2 doors down on check comfort access. The only other issue I have encountered is the front passenger door has shut then let loose to show the door ajar warning but only when first start up and getting into drive. And that has only happened like twice. What a strange problem to have!!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 06:11 PM   #5
mcgillmw
Rep

Interestingly, my rear passenger door just did thr door ajar thing coming out of the store. It has been opened all day. Opened and closed it, ajar still on, turned car off and on, went away.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #6
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Your doors are causing an unusual strain on the battery. I bet that's your issue.
Appreciate 0