M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

04-24-2022, 03:54 AM   #1
centrum
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d 416 M Sport 2014

Map Update for BWM M5 since 2014 or 520D 416 M Sport

Dear all,

I've just bought my first BWM ever a 520D 416 from 2014, thus, please bear with me until I'm up to speed. I managed to upgrade the software, register the car to BWM but there's no way for me to find the software I see people referring to with which I could download the map update for the navigation system.

This is my Map Version
Europa
BMW Group
Road Map EUROPE Next 2014-1

NBT_G13024l

I've noticed some seem to have found a way to update the map with a lifetime license - I believe my map is like that, i.e. requires no subscription but it is completely outdated.

Is there a write up you guys have put together with the process?
What is the latest version anyone was able to deploy and working on a BMW 520d dating 2014?
Any tips and best practices you advice?

Thank you in advance for your kindness and help,
Centrum.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
MarcF10
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
I had quite a similar problem recently..

Although I purchased the connected drive subscriptions via the official BMW site, map updates included, I did not manage to download anything at all...

My last resort proved to be my local BMW dealer whom I contacted and booked a "health check" with..Asking them to kindly update the maps as well as the software itself..

Hard to believe but they had to keep my car for 2 days (!) as apparently the BMW servers failed to connect or something like that..but in the end I received the updated car with the latest map version which should be the 2022 Europa version..

I did not get charged extra as i had the e-invoices at hand, proving I purchased the digital subscriptions online..

To conclude, if you don't find a shortcut or if there is no other way, perhaps it's worth contacting your local BMW dealer and check with them..they could manually update the maps for you...

I hope that helps.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 04:56 AM   #3
Snake doctor
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 MCB

BMW do not offer life time map updates

You can purchase the latest Maps through connected drive, it's about £50

They will send you the activation code for your car and instructions on how to download the BMW DOWNLOAD MANAGER

You then install the BMW DOWNLOAD MANAGER onto your Pc.

Download the map onto your pc
Please note, they provide 2 maps Europe East and West, but you can only use one, the car will only keep the last one you upload to the car

After download is complete, the system will request for a USB onto which you can save the data. The files are large and require a USB Stick with at least 32Gb free

Plug the USB into your car, it will request for the activation code, and that's it, any following update while your subscription is still valid may not require the activation code.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:23 AM   #4
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

You may find this thread of use. FYI you have the NBT/Next iDrive.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1855775
Appreciate 0