M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

View Poll Results: Would you consider buying a Sakhir Orange M5? (Black Novillo interior)
Hell yes! 18 81.82%
No way in hell! 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

03-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

So let me get this out of the way, I'm a Black on Black guy at heart. That's by far my favorite color combo. Boring and common, I know...but suits M cars well. As I'm now in the market for an F10 M5, I'm considering other colors. In particular, Sakhir orange. I went to look at a well cared for example today and I didn't expect to like it much, but it's growing on me.

My question is this - Is Sakhir Orange like one of those other odd BMW colors (Phoenix Yellow comes to mind) that people avoid like the plague, or is it more akin to Interlagos, LSB, etc. that people really love? I ask because I tend to change cars pretty often and don't want to be stuck w/ a hated or "niche" color. I guess what I'm really asking is do most people like Sakhir, or do they hate it?

I've started a poll, hope to collect some decent data here.

*edit: poll should be black merino, not novillo. Was feeling my e90 m3 days there. Lol
      03-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

I can only offer opinion and opinions i've gathered from other ppl (car ppl) that ive heard from my car obsession experience

First off, if you like it, get it. screw what anyone thinks if you like it and you won't get stuck with it because it's an M5 and in present day, wraps are a thing and somebody will just get it wrapped frozen black if they hate it. i like the sakhir interior but for the reason of not being able to wrap the interior I think that makes it a more difficult sell but not really bc its a badazz car in almost any color[yellow, no, thats why bmw didnt offer it)

BUT

as most ppl know (unless you've been surrounded by absolute saints and angels your entire life) ..whatever someone can take away from you, they will.

gauranteed you are going to hear people say oh my god that color is gaudy and then
you're going to hear wannabe comedians try to be funny and say " you didn't buy a lemon, you bought an orange" or "you bought a pumpkin, did cinderella come with it " or "where is the fairy godmother?"

youll get compliments too but probably not from characters that you'll like getting the compliments from.. like a dude that wears/wore Affliction and Ed Hardy t-shirts (no offense if u do, this post is heavily laden with opinion, but opinion with backing from public experience)

trust me I know these things because I've had the misfortune of being surrounded by total ashholes my entire life.

If its a ferrari, lamborghini, etc wild colors are totally accepted.. almost [enter yellow again]

yellow cars almost always go for less, retail and used.. I said almost because I'm sure someone knows of a case where that wasn't the case but for the most part yellow is a no go on anything

I will never forget MTV had that show Punk'd and they were pranking Matthew Perry who is/was a big Porsche collector ( I can't find the video right now but it's on the web somewhere) and they were pranking him by trying to sell him a Porsche black market in a shady garage and then have cops come do a raid..

well they were showing him some cars and they take him to the best one first which is like a GT3 RS, brand new, and they're trying to sell it to him at like 20% of its retail value

and he just looks at them and he says "yeah but it's a banana, no thanks" HA!! $200k car for $50k and he was like NOPE

just bc it was yellow, and I will never forget that.

the beauty of the M5 is its so sublime but subdued.. but there is nothing quiet or sleeper about sakhir orange but if u love it and/or its a good price.. get it

but u saying youre a blk on blk guy makes me think u will tire of it ..but if you switch cars quickly like you said then live a little and just get a crazy color for a change, its def a quality paintjob regardless of color. I wanted jet black but I love my Black sapphire metallic because it's black, it's gunmetal, and sometimes champagne

Last edited by BeachM5nster; 03-17-2019 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      03-17-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
carlitosgomesm5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
I can only offer opinion and opinions i've gathered from other ppl (car ppl) that ive heard from my car obsession experience

First off, if you like it, get it. screw what anyone thinks if you like it and you won't get stuck with it because it's an M5 and in present day, wraps are a thing and somebody will just get it wrapped frozen black if they hate it. i like the sakhir interior but for the reason of not being able to wrap the interior I think that makes it a more difficult sell but not really bc its a badazz car in almost any color[yellow, no, thats why bmw didnt offer it)

BUT

as most ppl know (unless you've been surrounded by absolute saints and angels your entire life) ..whatever someone can take away from you, they will.

gauranteed you are going to hear people say oh my god that color is gaudy and then
you're going to hear wannabe comedians try to be funny and say " you didn't buy a lemon, you bought an orange" or "you bought a pumpkin, did cinderella come with it " or "where is the fairy godmother?"

youll get compliments too but probably not from characters that you'll like getting the compliments from.. like a dude that wears/wore Affliction and Ed Hardy t-shirts (no offense if u do, this post is heavily laden with opinion, but opinion with backing from public experience)

trust me I know these things because I've had the misfortune of being surrounded by total ashholes my entire life.

If its a ferrari, lamborghini, etc wild colors are totally accepted.. almost [enter yellow again]

yellow cars almost always go for less, retail and used.. I said almost because I'm sure someone knows of a case where that wasn't the case but for the most part yellow is a no go on anything

I will never forget MTV had that show Punk'd and they were pranking Matthew Perry who is/was a big Porsche collector ( I can't find the video right now but it's on the web somewhere) and they were pranking him by trying to sell him a Porsche black market in a shady garage and then have cops come do a raid..

well they were showing him some cars and they take him to the best one first which is like a GT3 RS, brand new, and they're trying to sell it to him at like 20% of its retail value

and he just looks at them and he says "yeah but it's a banana, no thanks" HA!! $200k car for $50k and he was like NOPE

just bc it was yellow, and I will never forget that.

the beauty of the M5 is its so sublime but subdued.. but there is nothing quiet or sleeper about sakhir orange but if u love it and/or its a good price.. get it

but u saying youre a blk on blk guy makes me think u will tire of it ..but if you switch cars quickly like you said then live a little and just get a crazy color for a change, its def a quality paintjob regardless of color. I wanted jet black but I love my Black sapphire metallic because it's black, it's gunmetal, and sometimes champagne
Agree with many of your views. I personally have had a 1999 320i convertible special edition got it in Germany, black on black, loved it, then a 99 m3 Evo also in Europe in Blue Estoril loved it. This time I saw the M5 in Sakhor Orange and fell for it. This color in the sunlight is impressive it’s like a blood orange really stands out. Like my friend here says if you like it screw what others thing, each to their own. My wife initially didn’t like it and now it grew on her. Good luck in your choice. Whatever color you get the M5 is a beauty.
Appreciate 2
94jedi829.00
      03-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

I played it safe with all my colors before either blk or white or silver, but once i saw this color i fell in love with it at first sight. It changes when the sun hits it, in the dark its just mean. I'm not worried about the resale of the color as its my smile that makes up for it. Everytime i see it I fall in love again. Someone calls it a pumpkin its one mean mother f**king pumpkin.
Attached Images

14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 4
      03-17-2019, 11:07 PM   #5
RAFiK - BMWClubUAE
Drift Instructor @ BMW Club UAE
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Anything with the word "Sakhir Orange" is sexy...

iMAD.M6 can post some pictures of his sexy beast
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      03-18-2019, 01:27 AM   #6
pcohen15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
So let me get this out of the way, I'm a Black on Black guy at heart. That's by far my favorite color combo. Boring and common, I know...but suits M cars well. As I'm now in the market for an F10 M5, I'm considering other colors. In particular, Sakhir orange. I went to look at a well cared for example today and I didn't expect to like it much, but it's growing on me.

My question is this - Is Sakhir Orange like one of those other odd BMW colors (Phoenix Yellow comes to mind) that people avoid like the plague, or is it more akin to Interlagos, LSB, etc. that people really love? I ask because I tend to change cars pretty often and don't want to be stuck w/ a hated or "niche" color. I guess what I'm really asking is do most people like Sakhir, or do they hate it?

I've started a poll, hope to collect some decent data here.
Trust your gut. My M5 has Sakhir interior. 9 out of 10 love it. Including me. In fact, it was a requirement when I was looking.
      03-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #7
theinfamousdrew
I'm The Captain Now
Rep
Drives: X5M/X7

Garage List
I was on the fence as well. After owning it for a year, I love the color. The shade is different depending on the light. Some days it's red while others its definitely orange.

Just buy it!

Check my IG below for all sorts of variations.

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.
IG: @InfamousCarGuy

Appreciate 3
      03-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #8
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I must admit that I was hoping I would not come across this colour when I was searching for an M5 two years ago and bought the first one I saw not far from me which is in Singapore Grey/black int.
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      03-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #9
Skoprows
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I fell in love with the color when I saw it. It does change color in the light and I think that makes it bit more unique. Everyone that sees it likes the color as well. It is different compared to all the black, white, and grays you see out there.
Appreciate 0