Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #1
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

How to Tow your M5? tips trick quirks advice

So, I'm asking for input from experience because I have none.
And if the day arrives that i need to tow my M5 i want to have my bases covered.

- I'm going to assume everyone is going to say Flatbed haul only: as i believe as well.. i had to tow a previous car from just a bad spark plug. they put it on rollers and it worked out but when i saw him strap that seat belt thru the steering wheel i was not happy. i gave him a fluffy towel. but it still left a mark. then while it was being towed i was constantly thinking about somebody's going to sideswipe it in traffic or being on those rollers rocks are going to fly up on it etc.. the M5 will not be towed that way

and it messed up alignment

-So, flatbed only BUT

1)do they put the seatbelt thru the wheel for flatbed? and are there any clearance issues or anything pulling onto the flat?

2) the tow hook that is in trunk.. is that the best way for the tow truck driver to pull the M5 onto the flatbed .. best to pull it on from front or rear?

3) if not, then when is the time to use that tow hook?

4) What do i need to know about the transmission- just put it in neutral and leave the car on? [i'm sure this is in manual but you guys' input is far superior]

5) any other tip trick quirk or knowledge about towing the f10 M5
Appreciate 0