M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Somewhat off topic but if I can spare someone this trouble it'll be worth it.

Side note: I avoid using insurance 99.9% of the time just because of this.

I got a Range Rover in the stable and in 2017 someone hit the mirror off while the car was parked on the street. I was busy at the time so I took it to a shop JUST TO GET A OUT OF POCKET QUOTE. The quote was ridiculous and they wanted me to paint the whole side of the car thinking I'm some fool. I told them to kiss my ass and left.

The next day I found the complete mirror on United Kingdom eBay for 1/10th price the dealers wanted. I ordered it and DIY it in my garage.

3/2019- I go to Range Rover to trade the truck in for a newer one. Surprise surprise accident and damage report. Carfax shows the WHOLE LEFT side has been hit. I didn't even remember the mirror incident, I had carfax do a research report and some dumbass woman emails me a generic response saying my Vin came up on a service shop estimate so the damage is valid. The trucks value lost $4000 because of this.

Carfax is the biggest piece of shit. I've had cars nearly totaled that I paid out of pocket to fix that had clean car faxes and I went to get a estimate on a mirror cover by a dishonest shop and lost $4000.

I would never get a estimate with my vin ever again.

Carfax can go fuck themselves a useless tool.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

On the parts side Uk eBay saves me a ton of money.I was lucky with two new 305 Michelins PS4's for £175 for the two about 250$ and I sell my old 295's
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
dzm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Land Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
Somewhat off topic but if I can spare someone this trouble it'll be worth it.

Side note: I avoid using insurance 99.9% of the time just because of this.

I got a Range Rover in the stable and in 2017 someone hit the mirror off while the car was parked on the street. I was busy at the time so I took it to a shop JUST TO GET A OUT OF POCKET QUOTE. The quote was ridiculous and they wanted me to paint the whole side of the car thinking I'm some fool. I told them to kiss my ass and left.

The next day I found the complete mirror on United Kingdom eBay for 1/10th price the dealers wanted. I ordered it and DIY it in my garage.

3/2019- I go to Range Rover to trade the truck in for a newer one. Surprise surprise accident and damage report. Carfax shows the WHOLE LEFT side has been hit. I didn't even remember the mirror incident, I had carfax do a research report and some dumbass woman emails me a generic response saying my Vin came up on a service shop estimate so the damage is valid. The trucks value lost $4000 because of this.

Carfax is the biggest piece of shit. I've had cars nearly totaled that I paid out of pocket to fix that had clean car faxes and I went to get a estimate on a mirror cover by a dishonest shop and lost $4000.

I would never get a estimate with my vin ever again.

Carfax can go fuck themselves a useless tool.
Had an exact similar incident, and carfax reported it as an accident.
I hate carfax, also they are under no obligation to provide you with the source they get it from. BASTARDS''
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #4
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Funny I was looking at the carfax of the leased car I just turned in. Not one entry of the maintenance at the BMW dealer, but every time I got an alignment or tire changed it's on there.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Funny I was looking at the carfax of the leased car I just turned in. Not one entry of the maintenance at the BMW dealer, but every time I got an alignment or tire changed it's on there.

My 7 had a ton of work done on the engine and turbos and the carfax only shows they replaced a coolant reservoir which they didn't even do.

I think they know certain things can affect a value
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 03:25 PM   #6
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
bmw keeps service history confidential. I was at the dealer after getting some just maintenance stuff done and my service advisor was apparently new but I didn't know it at the time and I asked her if I could have the paperwork of all the service history on the car and she xeroxed me a copy that was several pages and went to staple it to hand it to me but right before she did another service advisor came over and says you can't do that we don't give those to anyone.

i was like wtf??..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
carlitosgomesm5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
bmw keeps service history confidential. I was at the dealer after getting some just maintenance stuff done and my service advisor was apparently new but I didn't know it at the time and I asked her if I could have the paperwork of all the service history on the car and she xeroxed me a copy that was several pages and went to staple it to hand it to me but right before she did another service advisor came over and says you can't do that we don't give those to anyone.

i was like wtf??..
yeh i hear you. Before i got my car the sales guy shows me the report and i noticed that at 52k miles engine replacement by BMW in FL. I got worried and called them, they said we cannot disclose information why the engine was replaced just that it was done under warranty. I really wanted to know why but getting the engine replaced under warranty by BMW at 52kmiles when im buying the car with 64 i thought well im getting a car with an engine of 12k miles. Next went to get my service done and asked the BMW rep who only told me that it was indeed replaced under warranty by BMW themselves and that it would have been a new engine... but would not go into more than just that.
Appreciate 0