M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #1
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
TPMS question — Constant light

F13 M6 here. TPMS malfunction light came on. Im seeing all 4 wheels as yellow. When I try to go to reset tpms its greyed out and I can do anything. This happend on a long road trip.

The car is a Canadian model, so wanna check with you guys for tpms details. I had coded the car with carly and I think I attempted to add the temp and psi readings to the car. Then later on a road trip, the light came on. I had been driving for some time, but i have not ever seen temp and psi displays previously. Also never had any tpms lights appear.

I have scanned with ista, protool, and carly. No tpms error there, but the car displays the light and in vehicle status it informs of a low tire. Again it wont let me reset it. The tires are adequately filled.

Also oddly enough, my valve stems arent metal they are rubber. Do Canadian models have tpms??? I cant find the RDC unit listed in the list of control units for the vehicle….????

Im going to start with coding those features off. ( temp and psi for tires / display). Im going to be doing some other services soon. So would like to handle this while that is happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
F13 M6 here. TPMS malfunction light came on. Im seeing all 4 wheels as yellow. When I try to go to reset tpms its greyed out and I can do anything. This happend on a long road trip.

The car is a Canadian model, so wanna check with you guys for tpms details. I had coded the car with carly and I think I attempted to add the temp and psi readings to the car. Then later on a road trip, the light came on. I had been driving for some time, but i have not ever seen temp and psi displays previously. Also never had any tpms lights appear.

I have scanned with ista, protool, and carly. No tpms error there, but the car displays the light and in vehicle status it informs of a low tire. Again it wont let me reset it. The tires are adequately filled.

Also oddly enough, my valve stems arent metal they are rubber. Do Canadian models have tpms??? I cant find the RDC unit listed in the list of control units for the vehicle….????

Im going to start with coding those features off. ( temp and psi for tires / display). Im going to be doing some other services soon. So would like to handle this while that is happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Canadian modes don't come with TPMS so you coded the car for something you done have
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I thought that might be the case lol. The tpms is an optional addon in Canadian market???
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:59 PM   #4
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I tried doing the shut off tpms coding in the khombi and light still came back. Ill check into the coding more this week. Hopefully, I get this sorted.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:57 PM   #5
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Defiantly you didn't code them out completely
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:22 PM   #6
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Okay I will try coding it out tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have any advice in which things to code off on carly or protool.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 08:19 PM   #7
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So I coded off the tpms settings in the khombi and in another module. The FTM works, so does the tpms. The reset button was no longer greyed out. I reset it and all good. So for anyone reading this. Make sure you check coding carefully before doing it.
Appreciate 0