M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
UnopposedCheeseBurger
Private
Rep
Drives: _

Who supplies JL Motoring and RW Carbon? Diffuser, Side Skirts, Etc..

I've been researching side skirts, diffusers, and other add ons. A lot of the past threads i'm reading mention how JL Motoring and RW Carbon appear to sell the same stuff, and most believe they probably have the same supplier.

These are older threads, but as i'm looking around now i'm seeing other places carry some of the same stuff, so it looks like it's no longer just JL Motoring and RW Carbon. Anyone know who the supplier is?

My question is not really specific to CF, I plan to wrap them anyways. Just curious if there is one main supplier making these for everyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:31 PM   #2
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp "Ultimate Pkg"

I don't know but I've heard it's either a Chinese or Taiwanese supplier. The benefit of buying it from them is there is someone to go to if there is an issue and you have customer support for the install, beats rolling the dice on unknown Ebay suppliers...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 08:45 AM   #3
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

RW Carbon is cheap. Their CF product tends to fade over time. I have a trunk spoiler on the M5.

Probably Chinese supplier
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 11:22 PM   #4
Bingly
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5

JL motoring is super sketchy, they had pictures on their website of an authentic 3d design diffuser but the when i asked for actual pics it was a cheap replica. I would stay away

Last edited by Bingly; 04-28-2020 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #5
famm3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingly View Post
JL motoring is super sketchy, they had pictures on an authentic 3d design diffuser but the when i asked for actual pics it was a cheap replica. I would stay away
Agreed...having a terrible experience with their post sales customer service right now after a package arrived damaged (plus the fitment is terrible). I would not recommend
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #6
twistedf80m3
Private
Rep
Drives: f80 m3

RW/Mode are using the same diffusers and parts you find on ebay and aliexpress. This has been going on for years but people are finally catching on.

I used to own a C63 few years ago. I did the community a favor by buying three of the same diffusers. One from eBAY that was $150, one from RW that was $600 and one from Mode that was $900.

All three WERE THE SAME DIFFUSERS. The only difference was that RW had its in their own box but the diffuser was 1:1 identical to the ebay one. The Mode Carbon diffuser was also 1:1 identical to the others but it had a Mode Carbon sticker stamped in two places. Besides that there was ZERO difference.

Those companies were sponsors on the forum and they had my post removed and when I kept posting and calling them out I was IP banned for good. Now I understood why these kids that were like 18-19 that owned these companies were living large they were making hundreds in profit over duping people and lying through their teeth. You'll notice the FB group for the M5 is run by RW and if you post any CF part that is not theirs the post "mysteriously" gets deleted and then if you complain they'll boot you from the group.

Its okay though sooner or later the whole community in every car scene will realize and they will go under just as many other types of these kind of "sham" companies do. Just a matter of time.

Always buy your aftermarket parts like these on eBay or Aliexpress these other companies are just drop shipping or at the very best using their own shipping/packaging for the same product.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59974.50
Ickdeep5718.50
      04-28-2020, 01:31 PM   #7
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwbrangerover View Post
RW/Mode are using the same diffusers and parts you find on ebay and aliexpress. This has been going on for years but people are finally catching on.

I used to own a C63 few years ago. I did the community a favor by buying three of the same diffusers. One from eBAY that was $150, one from RW that was $600 and one from Mode that was $900.

All three WERE THE SAME DIFFUSERS. The only difference was that RW had its in their own box but the diffuser was 1:1 identical to the ebay one. The Mode Carbon diffuser was also 1:1 identical to the others but it had a Mode Carbon sticker stamped in two places. Besides that there was ZERO difference.

Those companies were sponsors on the forum and they had my post removed and when I kept posting and calling them out I was IP banned for good. Now I understood why these kids that were like 18-19 that owned these companies were living large they were making hundreds in profit over duping people and lying through their teeth. You'll notice the FB group for the M5 is run by RW and if you post any CF part that is not theirs the post "mysteriously" gets deleted and then if you complain they'll boot you from the group.

Its okay though sooner or later the whole community in every car scene will realize and they will go under just as many other types of these kind of "sham" companies do. Just a matter of time.

Always buy your aftermarket parts like these on eBay or Aliexpress these other companies are just drop shipping or at the very best using their own shipping/packaging for the same product.
That's going to shock a few who thought they were getting a better quality part for more £$ from a genuine source.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:

I'm afraid you're incorrect with some of your post.

People will never realise that most are the same and sham companies will never go under. Unfortunately, people keep ploughing money into buying parts from companies they believe are "better". I bought my lip spoiler from JBSPEED for £200, I highly doubt that any other £1500 spoiler would be better quality because the part I purchased is faultless and fits 100% perfect.

Because it is, or was, an expensive car, companies take the piss. Akrapovic are guilty of this, they charge £5800 for the M5 exhaust, but, if you want tips with that, you have to buy them separately at £1300, who wants an exhaust with no tips???
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 02:12 PM   #9
Bingly
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5

Quote:

This is wild about Mode Carbon. I always though they made their stuff. Crazy
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 03:09 PM   #10
twistedf80m3
Private
Rep
Drives: f80 m3

Guys I realized my original post sounded a bit harsh. I wouldn't any company to go under at the end of the day no matter what you buy you can buy it for cheaper wholesale or if you find the supplier. A business is out to make a profit and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's just the fact the irks me is the 100%+ up charge and terrible support and blatant lying that really grinds my gears.

Any car product I've bought on eBay or AliExpress the vendor has been quick to resolve issues and offer above and beyond customer service.

So to me it makes zero sense to buy these items from these vendors when you can get the same item for hundreds less and much better service.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59974.50
      04-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #11
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Guys I realized my original post sounded a bit harsh. I wouldn't any company to go under at the end of the day no matter what you buy you can buy it for cheaper wholesale or if you find the supplier. A business is out to make a profit and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's just the fact the irks me is the 100%+ up charge and terrible support and blatant lying that really grinds my gears.

Any car product I've bought on eBay or AliExpress the vendor has been quick to resolve issues and offer above and beyond customer service.

So to me it makes zero sense to buy these items from these vendors when you can get the same item for hundreds less and much better service.
Makes sense to me and with PayPal you've got that fool proof guarantee. Funnily enough just now purchased the single blade grille to replace the 3 blade one on our CLK Cab Sport not from China or far east I hasten to add for just 89£ inc del.
if it's damaged or broken in post then they pay for return and I get another.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #12
///M_life
Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

I can vouch for this, I have bought many many ebay carbon fiber items and ive bought vorsteiner, RW etc.. for many of my cars. Ive only bought ebay for the past 2 years. When comparing its all the same stuff. The big companies mark up the prices because of the "name" and like mentioned the special packaging it comes in. They all come from the same suppliers in Japan, China, Taiwan, etc.. Plus on ebay you are always protected with your payment and even if the seller doesnt accept returns, they almost have to in every case ive experienced. Ive sold some items on ebay and i have listed no returns excepted and in the end i still had to take the item back. That or the purchase can always be disputed if it rises to that level. I have had a decent experience with Spec-m and a few others for carbon fiber parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #13
UnopposedCheeseBurger
Private
Rep
Drives: _

I'm curious if anyone has been able to find a better priced source for these rear spats:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2012-20...IAAOSwPO5eafwn
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #14
A3ch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 X5 M, 14 BMW M5

A friend of mine has a S class AMG and he "discovered" the same thing. It appears that people mark up 500% because of the MB marquee but he bought an ebay rear diffuser......looks really good and he paid 600 bux for it. Some other vendor was selling the same one for 4000 (or some ridiculous amount). When it comes to carbon fiber bits on the bottom of the car he said he'll always go to ebay....especially since its really easy for them to get damaged (and he spares no expense for his stuff.......high roller type shit).
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #15
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
I'm afraid you're incorrect with some of your post.

People will never realise that most are the same and sham companies will never go under. Unfortunately, people keep ploughing money into buying parts from companies they believe are "better". I bought my lip spoiler from JBSPEED for £200, I highly doubt that any other £1500 spoiler would be better quality because the part I purchased is faultless and fits 100% perfect.

Because it is, or was, an expensive car, companies take the piss. Akrapovic are guilty of this, they charge £5800 for the M5 exhaust, but, if you want tips with that, you have to buy them separately at £1300, who wants an exhaust with no tips???
So you're content w/ your JBSPEED part's fittment/quality?
      05-31-2020, 07:51 AM   #16
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
So you're content w/ your JBSPEED part's fittment/quality?
The particular spoiler I purchased has zero problems and I am very happy with it still. I was a bit sceptical at first when I realised it was coming from Taiwan and seeing many horror stories about items purchased from this region. I took the gamble anyway and I was very impressed when it arrived and was even more impressed when it fit 100% perfect. Still looks perfect and has not turned yellow like some others I've read about, although I'm not sure how long that would take to happen.
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00
      05-31-2020, 11:38 AM   #17
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
The particular spoiler I purchased has zero problems and I am very happy with it still. I was a bit sceptical at first when I realised it was coming from Taiwan and seeing many horror stories about items purchased from this region. I took the gamble anyway and I was very impressed when it arrived and was even more impressed when it fit 100% perfect. Still looks perfect and has not turned yellow like some others I've read about, although I'm not sure how long that would take to happen.
Thanks for the feedback!