M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-02-2021, 01:55 PM   #1
Bmyguy88
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

GAW Billet Rear Differential Bracket

Looking into getting a billet rear differential bracket as I plan on doing some drag racing this summer. Seems to be 2 choices, German Auto Weeks and RK. From the information gathered German Auto Weeks seems to be the better of the two as it's anodized and uses a delrin bushing vs stock.

They just posted a group buy for $1350 so seems like a good time to get one. Looks like DME Tuning used their mount on the shop car. Anyone use them or have any reviews?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
Doctor_X
★ Hate the hard work, love the harvest ★
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

That’s a nice price, especially considering the bushing is already pressed/included. If it’s solid delrin, that’s for sure going to increase vibration in the cab. I wouldn’t necessarily consider that “better,” unless you have a race car that isn’t a daily driver.

I’m running the RK billet diff mount with the stock bushing and it’s a great setup. Zero issues with vibration or driveability. The stock bushing is not what fails with high HP applications - it’s the cast mount itself. Both options obviously address that.
Appreciate 1
SCD-1983239.00

03-02-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
Bmyguy88
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Thatís a nice price, especially considering the bushing is already pressed/included. If itís solid delrin, thatís for sure going to increase vibration in the cab. I wouldnít necessarily consider that ďbetter,Ē unless you have a race car that isnít a daily driver.

Iím running the RK billet diff mount with the stock bushing and itís a great setup. Zero issues with vibration or driveability. The stock bushing is not what fails with high HP applications - itís the cast mount itself. Both options obviously address that.
Thanks for the input ! Contacted DME Tuning they are running GAW completely solid diff mount and stated increase in vibrations etc is minimal, there is a slight increase in differential whine they stated but with their exhaust can hardly hear it. So i assume the Delrin version would cut down on that noise compared to solid. But I understand it will be louder the stock. GAW posted a video on facebook of the deflection from the stock bushing using just a screw driver and it's a lot. That's why to me the Delrin option is best.

Also like that GAW comes with a bushing and I don't have to pay up swap it out from my stock unit. So I can swap back to stock once I go to sell the vehicle fairly easily.

But again looking or reviews before I pull the trigger!

Last edited by Bmyguy88; 03-02-2021 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 03:07 PM   #4
Doctor_X
★ Hate the hard work, love the harvest ★
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Cool man, pick one up and let us know how you like it!
Appreciate 0