M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
architecture&design
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 Alpha Romeo QV

Track Day Wheel & Tire Size Recommendations

Hi all,

Soon I will be taking a 2 days of track classes that will open up access to a local track where I plan to do non competitive track days about once a month. I've previously taken a half day lesson (in different car), and recently participated in BMWs Full Track Day at COTA, which was a blast, so I'm definitely interested in making track driving a hobby.

I'm thinking it probably makes more financial sense to buy a dedicated set of track wheels and tires for my 2014 m5, rather than burning through the ps4s's and risking the 20" wheels.

I've searched on the forums but have not found a clear track focused discussion on dedicated wheel and tire size recommendations for the f10 m5. I'm also trying to say on a budget, so I'm not looking for the lightest high performance wheel out there.

One thread generally discussed 19" wheels being a better option than 20". But no mention of widths for the front and rears.

From a tire standpoint, the Hoosier R7s or the R888Rs have both been positively mentioned, thought without specific sizes related to certain wheel sizes.

Thanks for any advise.
Appreciate 0