M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

09-11-2020, 01:51 AM   #1
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Bay Area Cruise

Hi All,

I'm thinking of planning a cruise to get out of the house and have some fun once the fires get put out. Working from home is driving me crazy.

Plan: Skyline Blvd. > Alice's Restaurant (breakfast) > Pescadero State Beach > Half Moon Bay.

Initial meetup spot would be at 8am at Upper Crystal Spring Reservoir Vista Point. Take pictures and get ready.

Leave around 8:30am towards Alice's Restaurant on Skyline Blvd. We can stop here for a quick breakfast.

Leave Alice's around 9:30am. Go down La Honda, turn on Pescadero Creek Rd., and follow until we reach Highway 1. Park, take pictures, hangout at Pescadero State Beach.

Leave around 10:45am towards Half Moon Bay where we can either find another cool spot for pictures or just split up.

What do you think? This is just a draft, but I've done this exact route before. It's super fun and the roads aren't that bad either.

This won't be a race or anything close to it. The roads will probably be damp and we wanna go home in one piece.

Total drive time from start to finish is about an hour and a half (~50 miles). Depending on stops, I'd estimate about 2:30-3 hours of time (8am-11am).

I'm thinking the weekend at the end of September or the one at the beginning of October.

Who would be interested? Open to European cars only. Post a picture confirming your car in the lineup!
Attached Images

Last edited by M5_Raz; 09-22-2020 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
PB-32
Private
Rep
Drives: B6 S4, B8.5 S4, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Hi All,

I'm thinking of planning a cruise to get out of the house and have some fun once the fires get put out. Working from home is driving me crazy.

Plan: Skyline Blvd. > Alice's Restaurant (breakfast) > San Gregorio Beach > Half Moon Bay.

Initial meetup spot would be at 8am at Upper Crystal Spring Reservoir Vista Point. Take pictures and get ready.

Leave around 8:30am towards Alice's Restaurant on Skyline Blvd. We can stop here for a quick breakfast.

Leave Alice's around 9:30am. Go down La Honda, turn on Pescadero Creek Rd., and follow until we reach Highway 1. Turn right and go north until San Gregorio State Beach. Park, take pictures, hangout.

Leave around 10:45am towards Half Moon Bay where we can either find another cool spot for pictures or just split up.

What do you think? This is just a draft, but I've done this exact route before. It's super fun and the roads aren't that bad either.

This won't be a race or anything close to it. The roads will probably be damp and we wanna go home in one piece.

Total drive time from start to finish is about an hour and a half (~50 miles). Depending on stops, I'd estimate about 2:30-3 hours of time (8am-11am).

I'm thinking the weekend at the end of September or the one at the beginning of October.

Who would be interested? Open to European cars only. Post a picture confirming your car in the lineup!
Hey brotha, this sounds like fun! Count me in. Please update once you've picked a date. My boys and I usually do at least one cruise a month and some of us will most likely join you on this one. So far me (m5), my boys m4 & m6 are down. A few of the other amg & Ferrari guys are going to be game time decisions but best case scenario, it'll be around 7 of us.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13YaarBolda View Post
Hey brotha, this sounds like fun! Count me in. Please update once you've picked a date. My boys and I usually do at least one cruise a month and some of us will most likely join you on this one. So far me (m5), my boys m4 & m6 are down. A few of the other amg & Ferrari guys are going to be game time decisions but best case scenario, it'll be around 7 of us.
Sounds great! Looks like the fire that'll be affecting this cruise is at 91% containment right now. I think it should be done with by Sat 9/26 or Sat 10/3. Do you and the others have a preference?

I've got a friend with a Taycan Turbo S that is interested as well, not sure if his battery will last though.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
PB-32
Private
Rep
Drives: B6 S4, B8.5 S4, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13YaarBolda View Post
Sounds great! Looks like the fire that'll be affecting this cruise is at 91% containment right now. I think it should be done with by Sat 9/26 or Sat 10/3. Do you and the others have a preference?

I've got a friend with a Taycan Turbo S that is interested as well, not sure if his battery will last though.
Totally up to you. General consensus was 10/3 but it's only 3 of us so far so if you think the weekend before would be better, I'm sure we can make it work!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 07:21 PM   #5
Boosted M5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

Count me in just need date and time in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #6
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted M5 View Post
Count me in just need date and time in advance
Sounds good! Should have it set within the next couple of days. Anyone know a good spot in Half Moon Bay?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #7
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi All,

Let's go ahead and set it for Sat 9/26 (10 days from now) to keep it within this month. If everything goes well we can start planning a Halloween cruise at the end of October!

Let me know if it sounds good. I might go up there this weekend to make sure it's all good.

-Raz
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 11:52 PM   #8
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep

Still on for tomorrow! See you around 8am!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0