M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-30-2020, 01:50 AM   #1
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Help me pick a 343M paint color

The car has a few stops in the next few weeks. New tint (don’t care for what the previous owner applied), going to the body shop to color match the chrome, and I’m hoping to get my wheels painted while I’m there.

But, I was hoping to do something other than black, or dark grey, that most people seem to do. I was thinking maybe bronze, but I need some ideas.

The body is black sapphire. Everything goes good with black, right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #2
SuperF10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelios619 View Post
The car has a few stops in the next few weeks. New tint (don’t care for what the previous owner applied), going to the body shop to color match the chrome, and I’m hoping to get my wheels painted while I’m there.

But, I was hoping to do something other than black, or dark grey, that most people seem to do. I was thinking maybe bronze, but I need some ideas.

The body is black sapphire. Everything goes good with black, right?
I have black sapphire as well, I have just been messing around with plastidip lately. I like to change it up often so it's hard to commit. I'm going to get them powdercoated soon so I need to decide on a color. I'm running that gold now. I think it's called "Antique Gold" or something like that. I'd recommend picking a couple colors from plastidip and testing them out on the wheels before committing to anything more permanent. I don't know why it has such a stigma, I've dipped them twice and both times they have held for over 12 months and removal only takes a couple of hours if you do enough coats. Also, it protects the finish of the wheel too so that's nice.

https://ibb.co/HX3jQZQ

Last edited by SuperF10; 01-05-2021 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 10:04 PM   #3
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

If you're gonna do bronze, I would do a dark satin bronze, like the one shown below. Any lighter and it wouldn't look good. I would pass on the gold also.

The dark bronze would go well with your gold calipers too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:40 PM   #4
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

^^^ Really liking that dark bronze. Something to think about.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 01:49 AM   #5
Stelios619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperF10 View Post
I have black sapphire as well, I have just been messing around with plastidip lately. I like to change it up often so it's hard to commit. I'm going to get them powdercoated soon so I need to decide on a color. I'm running that gold now. I think it's called "Antique Gold" or something like that. I'd recommend picking a couple colors from plastidip and testing them out on the wheels before committing to anything more permanent. I don't know why it has such a stigma, I've dipped them twice and both times they have held for over 12 months and removal only takes a couple of hours if you do enough coats. Also, it protects the finish of the wheel too so that's nice.

https://ibb.co/HX3jQZQ

It’s stigmatized because it’s used by 17 year olds and applied by 14 year olds. You’re right, in that it makes sense to use it to inexpensively try out a few colors in the real world Vs something like photoshop renderings, but the kids have ruined the dip name.
Appreciate 0