M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-09-2019, 09:40 PM   #23
theracerboss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

I did the Power Stop Z26 with brand new OEM rotors all around three weeks ago on my 15 M5 with comp package

At first the Z26 feel way too soft. I think the new rotors and the pads have to bed in....
After having done 1500 miles on the new setup here are my findings.....

1. Initial bite is only 2/3 as good as OEM....I might say it might be between 1/2 and 2/3
2. Noise from braking is ZERO with the PSZ26 ( I had the OEM pads with weights I.e. newer design but my car would still sound like a school bus when I applied my brakes)
3. Brake dust is around 35% - 45% of what the OEMs would produce - huge improvement
4. The breaking is extremely linear
5. Feel slightly less confident with the Z26 over the OEMs
6. Haven't really experienced brake fade to comment on but I don't think I even would since I don't push the car on a track.
7. With less initial bite I feel there could be longevity to the setup when compared to the OEM pads.

Cannot think of anything else :

Over all happy content with the setup but if someone were to ask me ..... I would stick with the OEM setup since I really miss that initial brake bite.
Appreciate 1
JW_ATL345.50
      11-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #24
JW_ATL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BWM M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theracerboss View Post
I did the Power Stop Z26 with brand new OEM rotors all around three weeks ago on my 15 M5 with comp package

At first the Z26 feel way too soft. I think the new rotors and the pads have to bed in....
After having done 1500 miles on the new setup here are my findings.....

1. Initial bite is only 2/3 as good as OEM....I might say it might be between 1/2 and 2/3
2. Noise from braking is ZERO with the PSZ26 ( I had the OEM pads with weights I.e. newer design but my car would still sound like a school bus when I applied my brakes)
3. Brake dust is around 35% - 45% of what the OEMs would produce - huge improvement
4. The breaking is extremely linear
5. Feel slightly less confident with the Z26 over the OEMs
6. Haven't really experienced brake fade to comment on but I don't think I even would since I don't push the car on a track.
7. With less initial bite I feel there could be longevity to the setup when compared to the OEM pads.

Cannot think of anything else :

Over all happy content with the setup but if someone were to ask me ..... I would stick with the OEM setup since I really miss that initial brake bite.
Thanks for sharing. Good to have multiple points of view. I've been happy with the setup and haven't looked back since the noise and brake dust were really annoying me. I do agree it's not the same "throw you through the windshield" initial bite as OEM. That being said, I have been happy with stopping power.
      11-11-2019, 07:56 PM   #25
mvie
Rep
Drives: E46 m3;F10 m5;F85 x5m

This past weekend I had OEM front/rear rotors, powerstop z26 front/rear pads, new sensors installed on my m5 (thanks to this thread..!!). So far, after bedding the pads, they feel great. Bite is basically the same as oem, and seems to have less dust (which i expected/hoped) but ill know more after i drive a bit more. Overall really solid brakes and not a sound when braking hard..

Got the rotors from getbmwparts and the pads from rock auto. had a local shop take care of the install. Happy so far!
Appreciate 1
JW_ATL345.50
      07-28-2022, 05:26 AM   #26
JNUMM5
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post
i see there is Z23 and Z26 whats different? and let me know hows the Z26 when you try them, i need to replace mine soon

Z23 pads are a Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula that offer great dust-free braking performance. This kit is designed for increased braking power for a daily-driven car, truck, SUV or crossover. The Z26, on the other hand is designed for extreme street braking performance on high performance vehicles.
Appreciate 0