M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-20-2020, 07:00 AM   #1
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

thrust arm monoball question

I noticed with the Turner thrust arm monoballs Turner recommends purchasing them pre-installed in new thrust arms "since BMW recommends the control arms be replaced every other bushing change", which I'm guessing has to do with the ball joint at the other end.

Assuming I have access to someone with the knowledge and means to remove the old bushings and press in the new ones, is there any good reason to spend the extra $750 when the car has 37K miles?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #2
azndrunk74
Major
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F10 M5

I went with powerflex race bushings and had my local shop press them in. Unless your control arms are bent or have busted ball joints I don't see any reason to replace with new. Bang for the buck it's one of the best things I've done.
2014 Frozen Black F10 M5 | Agency Power HFC Downpipes | Custom Open Flash Stage 2 Tune | KW HAS kit | 3D Design Lip | 3D Design Skirts | 3D Design Spoiler | IND Front & Rear Reflectors | IND M5 Badge | M Performance Steering Wheel | M Performance CF Shift Knob | Pedal Haus Pedals & Paddles | Turner Exhaust |
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
I went with powerflex race bushings and had my local shop press them in. Unless your control arms are bent or have busted ball joints I don't see any reason to replace with new. Bang for the buck it's one of the best things I've done.
Thanks. It seems like a pretty quick and cheap way to help improve the steering and brake feel, especially on a 2013 built prior to March '13.

I wonder how the powerflex race compare to the Turner. I'm assuming you don't think the race is too harsh for street use? I'm OK with some abuse, but I don't live in a state known for smooth-as-glass roads.

Last edited by vafan13; 01-28-2020 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0