M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Are these Meisterschaft Downpipes?

I just received my 76mm direct OEM replacement Meisterschaft catless downpipes in the mail today and they don't look like any pics I ever viewed and I was told Meisterschaft was the best quality and fit but the flexy accordian pipe segment doesn't scream quality to me, but I don't know everything.

Are these legit?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Rennyk.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
I just received my 76mm direct OEM replacement Meisterschaft catless downpipes in the mail today and they don't look like any pics I ever viewed and I was told Meisterschaft was the best quality and fit but the flexy accordian pipe segment doesn't scream quality to me, but I don't know everything.

Are these legit?
Why wouldn't they be?.. did you order directly through them? If so ask them why they have a flex section. Just googling their own post doesn't have flex. Maybe you ordered the wrong part.
      05-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Where did you order them from?

I bought some $300 Catless DP off ebay that also have a flex joint like that. (They were $300 so I figured if they're garbage I can always return them)

The flex is supposed to help for fitment upon install. Some OEM BMW downpipes also have flex joints so it doesn't necessarily mean lower quality. But it is super weird that they look nothing like what they've posted...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbharshman View Post

I bought some $300 Catless DP off ebay that also have a flex joint like that. (They were $300 so I figured if they're garbage I can always return them)

The flex is supposed to help for fitment upon install. Some OEM BMW downpipes also have flex joints so it doesn't necessarily mean lower quality. But it is super weird that they look nothing like what they've posted...
Let us know how they fit. I'm looking at a set from Germany, they equate to around £265. Very cheap and they also have a flexi. I may take the gamble with them myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #5
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Let us know how they fit. I'm looking at a set from Germany, they equate to around £265. Very cheap and they also have a flexi. I may take the gamble with them myself.
They come in Friday so I'll make a post once I get them in this weekend. For the price I"m sure the stainless will be super thin, but some cerakote and heat wrap can fix that.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:

yea they're legit. i ordered them from gthaus. $1000 with tax and shipping. Definitely worth it. quality
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #7
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
They come in Friday so I'll make a post once I get them in this weekend. For the price I"m sure the stainless will be super thin, but some cerakote and heat wrap can fix that.
Be nice to see some pics and maybe even some videos.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
I'm curious too. Especially on O2 sensor placement.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Be nice to see some pics and maybe even some videos.
Shipment was delayed. They just got in today! They look great... well I guess any 3" pipe can "Look great" lol. The flex joint is hardly flexible, if I put all my super strength into it I can maybe get a .5-.75" of movement in one direction.

Maybe thats all it takes for fitment to be better?

If they don't fit I'll most likely return and just gut the OEM downpipes.

I'll make a full post for this!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #10
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Shipment was delayed. They just got in today! They look great... well I guess any 3" pipe can "Look great" lol. The flex joint is hardly flexible, if I put all my super strength into it I can maybe get a .5-.75" of movement in one direction.

Maybe thats all it takes for fitment to be better?

If they don't fit I'll most likely return and just gut the OEM downpipes.

I'll make a full post for this!
Ignore my question on the other thread then lol. They will probably fit well, the only issue is the o2 sensor placement as mentioned above.
Appreciate 0