M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

08-15-2022, 01:06 PM   #1
Danishp97
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 M6 GRAN COUPE

Need help - Fuel low pressure sensor

Hello everyone,

I'm from India, I drive a F06 M6 GranCoupe. Posting on the F10 M5 forum as the M6 forum does not have much activity.

My M6 has vrsf catless downpipes with akrapovic, runs etuners greece stage 2 tune. The car's driven only 16155 miles

I got the car 3 months back, I changed the oil grade to 5W-40, Changed all 8 injectors under preventive maintenance and all 8 coils as well, put Dinan Coils. My indi workshop stated that the car has this particular error which showed up on ISTA - 119202 fuel low-pressure sensor, electrical: Short circuit to ground.

The car however was driving fine, pulling hard after the plugs and coils.

Later on I went on a work trip so couldn't drive the car for two weeks, got back, cranked her, took her for a drive and when I pulled it hard it started to cut power - more like fuel supply cut off for a fraction of a second, and then back to life. Filled up fresh fuel but the problem still persisted. I got the car scanned again with a generic scanner, no new errors or misfire or soft codes detected. Generic scanner too showed only one error - 119202 fuel low-pressure sensor, electrical: Short circuit to ground.

Then I told my tuner to log the car for me via autotuner - https://www.autotuner-tool.com/en/lo...ffe83a11f75655

This the log of my car. This shows that post 4,000 rpm the fuel pressure tapers down a little then post 5,800 rpm it goes down drastically and then goes up again, that explains the fuel cut off feeling. Can anyone help me out how to go about it? Will replacing the fuel low pressure sensor fix this? The car has never showed up a CEL or a drivetrain error. Looking for answers, thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 03:20 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Preventative maintenance like this can lead to this happening when car was running fine before.
Plugs are fine to replace but changing out injectors may affect lpfp and hpfp for some reason and taking off electrical components and ground wires to get to plugs coils and injectors may have disturbed ground wires etc. All these wires need new bolts and lock washers, old ones cannot be re used, not much help maybe but that's what affects some others who have gone your route and of course making sure that coil and plug leads are fully home.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
Danishp97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Preventative maintenance like this can lead to this happening when car was running fine before.
Plugs are fine to replace but changing out injectors may affect lpfp and hpfp for some reason and taking off electrical components and ground wires to get to plugs coils and injectors may have disturbed ground wires etc. All these wires need new bolts and lock washers, old ones cannot be re used, not much help maybe but that's what affects some others who have gone your route and of course making sure that coil and plug leads are fully home.
Quote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. According to the date in ISTA the low fuel pressure sensor error was logged a month before I did the preventive maintenance. My only reason for doing injectors was no prior history of fuel used in the car + its a 9 year old car.

How do you suggest I go about this? The car otherwise pulls fine. Issue only cropped up after it was parked for two weeks.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      08-15-2022, 04:17 PM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

'Short circuit to ground' I'd say sensor is suspect and all you can do is replace that but with only 16k miles lpfp wouldn't be weak..I presume it was was it parked up in garage while you were away and no one interfered with it.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2022, 07:03 PM   #5
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Sounds to me like your fuel pump is giving out.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 12:37 AM   #6
Danishp97
Private
Rep

Quote:
'Short circuit to ground' I'd say sensor is suspect and all you can do is replace that but with only 16k miles lpfp wouldn't be weak..I presume it was was it parked up in garage while you were away and no one interfered with it.
It was parked in my garage. No one interfered with it. I'll replace the sensor first.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60013.50
      08-16-2022, 12:38 AM   #7
Danishp97
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Sounds to me like your fuel pump is giving out.
The hpfp or lpfp?
Appreciate 0