M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-25-2021, 11:46 PM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

He said "for the summer"

Seems every game I watched last weekend had at least a little water falling from the sky :
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #24
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

City dropped their bid for Ronaldo. Now ManU is the top suitor. Not sure how I feel about this.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 11:30 AM   #25
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
719
Rep
2,944
Posts

Drives: X5M F85
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SI NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
City dropped their bid for Ronaldo. Now ManU is the top suitor. Not sure how I feel about this.
Done deal. Going to be a good year for United. I'm a Gunner but I wont mind seeing Utd succeed with Cr.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #26
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Can't believe all these players returning for a second stint. Lukaku to Chelsea now Ronaldo back to Man U. Going to be an interesting season and maybe fairly wide open.

Last edited by TiMSport; 08-27-2021 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 12:21 PM   #27
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

What an absolute SHIT call against Reece James.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #28
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Chelsea showed grit with 10 men playing in the entire 2nd half and secured a point at Anfield. Impressive IMO. I think they would have won the game if James didn't get sent off in the first half.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 03:13 PM   #29
lvevo
Private First Class
51
Rep
150
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

I hope that the next time someone has the ball bounce off their body and hit their arm and they are in the way of the goal, it will be a red card too.
__________________
Passively looking for a F80 M3 Competition & Executive w/ manual trans in all colors but black. Prefer 2018 and Carbon Cloth seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #30
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, no kidding.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #31
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
275
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
I hope that the next time someone has the ball bounce off their body and hit their arm and they are in the way of the goal, it will be a red card too.
honestly! penalty was the right call but the red card was absurd and absolutely ruined what was an entertaining game up to that point.
__________________
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12654.00
      08-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
honestly! penalty was the right call but the red card was absurd and absolutely ruined what was an entertaining game up to that point.
I didn't see it. DOGSO?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:11 AM   #33
happyjack
Captain
happyjack's Avatar
United_States
1136
Rep
744
Posts

Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: old line state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
it may be a bit of mirage, but spurs are top of the table! they still need some serious help in the midfield transition game...and i dont know which transfer rumors to believe...i guess we'll know soon enough.

come on you spurs!
__________________

my garage:'21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '15 F22 x-drive coupe sport line; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 s-drive28i MT M-sport
Appreciate 1
e90Nate274.50
      08-31-2021, 07:46 AM   #34
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
275
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I didn't see it. DOGSO?
it did, however it hit Reece James leg prior to hitting his hand, penalty and yellow card would have been ok, the ref literally looked at a freeze shot and gave the penalty and the red. he should have at least looked at the play in real time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 07:47 AM   #35
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
275
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
it may be a bit of mirage, but spurs are top of the table! they still need some serious help in the midfield transition game...and i dont know which transfer rumors to believe...i guess we'll know soon enough.

come on you spurs!
Spurs are looking good, seems like a lot of guys have stepped up and I have always loved Son! Delle looks to be finally back in good form too.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
it did, however it hit Reece James leg prior to hitting his hand, penalty and yellow card would have been ok, the ref literally looked at a freeze shot and gave the penalty and the red. he should have at least looked at the play in real time.
It's wasn't a "natural" movement after the ball came up off his leg. He swept the ball forward with his arm, out of the goal, denying the obvious opportunity. I would expect to see this video in referee class moving forward, as a clear example of DOGSO.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 09:32 AM   #37
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
It's wasn't a "natural" movement after the ball came up off his leg. He swept the ball forward with his arm, out of the goal, denying the obvious opportunity. I would expect to see this video in referee class moving forward, as a clear example of DOGSO.
Oh please. What exactly is a "natural move" after a ball hits you in the leg and then ricochets off your arm??
Appreciate 1
e90Nate274.50
      08-31-2021, 09:38 AM   #38
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Oh please. What exactly is a "natural move" after a ball hits you in the leg and then ricochets off your arm??
Your arm does NOT sweep a ball forward out of the goal. If it simply ricochets off your leg upwards, contacts your arm incidentally, the ball continues in it's upward trajectory.


You know I got no skin in this one, I'm busy watching Wolves fail to score
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:03 AM   #39
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Yeah but I didn't think he literally scooped the ball with his arm to prevent the ball from going in but it is what it is.

Hey you are also a Man U supporter, right? Thoughts on Ronaldo? They didn't exactly look impressive against the Wolves. Seems to me their new picks will take some time to adjust including Sancho.

I can't wait until Chelsea plays them. Oh and I heard rumors Traore may transfer to the Spurs but maybe it's too late? That dude is built like a tank. He doesn't score though, lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:16 AM   #40
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yeah but I didn't think he literally scooped the ball with his arm to prevent the ball from going in but it is what it is.

Hey you are also a Man U supporter, right? Thoughts on Ronaldo? They didn't exactly look impressive against the Wolves. Seems to me their new picks will take some time to adjust including Sancho.

I can't wait until Chelsea plays them. Oh and I heard rumors Traore may transfer to the Spurs but maybe it's too late? That dude is built like a tank. He doesn't score though, lol.
ManU is the other. I just don't know about Ronaldo. We get STACKED with talent, but even Ole is having issues getting them to flow and operate like a team.
SANCHO! I just laugh because I know the Spanglish translation. Where is King Rudi Judy?

Adama doesn't score, but he is SO fast with the ball. I never knew tanks could move that fast! And him ramming people off the ball creates opportunity for his teammates. He's getting better at seeing those teammates.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:35 AM   #41
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12654
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
ManU is the other. I just don't know about Ronaldo. We get STACKED with talent, but even Ole is having issues getting them to flow and operate like a team.
SANCHO! I just laugh because I know the Spanglish translation. Where is King Rudi Judy?

Adama doesn't score, but he is SO fast with the ball. I never knew tanks could move that fast! And him ramming people off the ball creates opportunity for his teammates. He's getting better at seeing those teammates.
LOL Adama should be playing rugby, not soccer. But yeah, he is incredibly quick and has good ball control for a big dude.

Yeah the ability to get players to flow and buy into a completely new scheme is what has really impressed me with Tuchel at Chelsea. They of course are stacked as well but he has them rolling and I think they will only get better in time. I'm just hoping Lukaku consistently puts the ball in the net as he is expected to do. Anyone is better than Timo Werner!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 10:53 AM   #42
happyjack
Captain
happyjack's Avatar
United_States
1136
Rep
744
Posts

Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: old line state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
wouldve liked to seen adama at spurs plowing some lanes through the midfield! alas, that rumor appears to have vapaorized.
__________________

my garage:'21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '15 F22 x-drive coupe sport line; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 s-drive28i MT M-sport
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:17 PM   #43
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15003
Rep
9,127
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

I was just amazed. I think it was a set piece for ManU. Ball bounced out to about 35-40 yards and Adama picks it up. I blink, and he's pressing the 18, and the 2 players that were right behind him when he picked up the ball are just about to cross midfield
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 02:32 PM   #44
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
275
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I was just amazed. I think it was a set piece for ManU. Ball bounced out to about 35-40 yards and Adama picks it up. I blink, and he's pressing the 18, and the 2 players that were right behind him when he picked up the ball are just about to cross midfield
Traore is a fricken freight train man, I wish he could finish, that guy just commands space with players bouncing off of him.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST