M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

07-13-2020, 11:43 PM   #23
mediax
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I wouldn't recommend de-catting your oem downpipes. Mainly because if you need to go back to stage 1/no tune, it's hard to get OEM downpipes. Keep them just the way they are.

I currently have Fabworx on my car. I also had AMS Catless downpipes as well. Maybe they'll ship to you?
Just installed fabworx down pipes and have still got the dme stage1 running. It's got a very strong smell of petrol and very rough noisy.. power is beautiful but the sound is off and the smell is no good... did you have this problem? The guy that installed it recommended a stage 2 custom tune .. what do you think?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #24
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediax View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't recommend de-catting your oem downpipes. Mainly because if you need to go back to stage 1/no tune, it's hard to get OEM downpipes. Keep them just the way they are.

I currently have Fabworx on my car. I also had AMS Catless downpipes as well. Maybe they'll ship to you?
Just installed fabworx down pipes and have still got the dme stage1 running. It's got a very strong smell of petrol and very rough noisy.. power is beautiful but the sound is off and the smell is no good... did you have this problem? The guy that installed it recommended a stage 2 custom tune .. what do you think?
Id definitely recommend getting a stage two tune with Catless downpipes. The smell is noticeable but I did smell a difference after replacing the cabin air filters.
Appreciate 1
mediax5.00
      07-30-2020, 08:06 AM   #25
mediax
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediax View Post
Quote:

Id definitely recommend getting a stage two tune with Catless downpipes. The smell is noticeable but I did smell a difference after replacing the cabin air filters.
Got a stage 2 custom tune done ... same day I picked it up the engine shit itself ... two injectors faulted and filled up petrol in the engine... looking at some sort of rebuild now ....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:49 AM   #26
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
^^^^^^fuuuuuuck. Sorry to hear man.

The injectors have an extended warranty to 120k miles Bc they were known to have faults - would be worth a trip to the dealership to see if BMW will cover it since the catastrophic failure may be secondary to injector failure.

Gotta put it back to stock first tho
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #27
mediax
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post

The injectors have an extended warranty to 120k miles Bc they were known to have faults - would be worth a trip to the dealership to see if BMW will cover it since the catastrophic failure may be secondary to injector failure.

Quote:

Thanks for that i didn't know ... I'll get on to them... didn't even get to enjoy it .. cars only got 50,000kms
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 11:52 PM   #28
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Let us know how it goes bud
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 05:21 AM   #29
mediax
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Called them today and as expected no recalls on injectors and said I'd have to bring it to have it diagnosed etc .. a bit of a problem when it's sitting on a hoist and sump is off. Mechanic called me today to give me more bad news.. crank is not machinable and is advising a low mileage second hand engine
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 03:55 AM   #30
A3ch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 X5 M, 14 BMW M5

My nightmare .....
Appreciate 0