M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-27-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
f10toby
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
Catless Lambda Sensors

Hi All. I'm going to fit de-cat pipes to the F10 next week and whilst i'm at it change the Lambda sensors to potentially rule out another issue. Might be a stupid question, but are the lambda sensors before and after the cat the same part number and where's the best place to buy them from? Also the best place to get hold of the 90 degree spacers too to get this all to dit. Thanks,T
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by f10toby View Post
Hi All. I'm going to fit de-cat pipes to the F10 next week and whilst i'm at it change the Lambda sensors to potentially rule out another issue. Might be a stupid question, but are the lambda sensors before and after the cat the same part number and where's the best place to buy them from? Also the best place to get hold of the 90 degree spacers too to get this all to dit. Thanks,T
I very much doubt the pre and post cat sensors are the same part numbers. The pre cat sensor is a wideband type sensor while the post sensor is a narrowband.

Check out realoem for the part numbers then do a google search for them.

You shouldn't need the 90 degree adaptors if the downpipes you are fitting are good quality. Don't bother with the cat emulator adapters as they are junk. I assume you're going to be tuning the car?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
f10toby
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Quote:
I very much doubt the pre and post cat sensors are the same part numbers. The pre cat sensor is a wideband type sensor while the post sensor is a narrowband.

Check out realoem for the part numbers then do a google search for them.

You shouldn't need the 90 degree adaptors if the downpipes you are fitting are good quality. Don't bother with the cat emulator adapters as they are junk. I assume you're going to be tuning the car?
Thanks for the advice here. I'll have a look over the part numbers now. I'd heard some people reporting there's fouling between the heat shield and the O2 sensors but hopefully it'll be ok then. And yep the car will be tuned again too.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Thanks for the advice here. I'll have a look over the part numbers now. I'd heard some people reporting there's fouling between the heat shield and the O2 sensors but hopefully it'll be ok then. And yep the car will be tuned again too.
There is fouling but only when the downpipes aren't made properly and the sensor holes are in the wrong place.
Appreciate 0