Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Before actually putting it up for sale, I'm curious what you think a fair price is. Please keep the reply's clean and on subject

2016 M5 ZCP w original warranty until 04/2020
Dealer maintained (on maintenance plan)
7,xxx miles (goes up very slowly)
I am the 2nd owner ( bought with 3k miles)
6-speed
Imperial blue w/ individual platinum ext leather
Competition package
Executive package
Come with 601, but currently wearing 343s
MSRP was around $115k

I believe there are only 2 LCI F10 m5 in this color combo

Driven but never pushed (wife gets motion sickness)

100% stock (mechanically)

The only aftermarket items are;
1) Entire car is wrapped with paint protection film
2) Very light tints
3) K40 radar/laser detector installed by the original dealership that sold this car new.

Considering selling due to not driving much

Any help to properly price this vehicle would be appreciated

Attached Images

Last edited by chippsachoi; 08-26-2019 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
m3less130.00
      08-22-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Subscribed. What a clean car! Definitely close to one of my unicorns. It would be perfect if it had B&O and full leather options.

A car like this is hard to price. The 6MT and very low miles give it a premium for sure. Also the fact that it still has 8 months of base warranty is nice too. The interior from the Individual line could be a pro or con depending on taste... which is subjective of course. I love it, but some people hate the very light shades for the interior.

Other than that, it's really no different than any other '16 Comp pack. I would see what other '16 Comp packs are being advertised at and then put a premium on it. That's just my opinion.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #3
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
Subscribed. What a clean car! Definitely close to one of my unicorns. It would be perfect if it had B&O and full leather options.

A car like this is hard to price. The 6MT and very low miles give it a premium for sure. Also the fact that it still has 8 months of base warranty is nice too. The interior from the Individual line could be a pro or con depending on taste... which is subjective of course. I love it, but some people hate the very light shades for the interior.

Other than that, it's really no different than any other '16 Comp pack. I would see what other '16 Comp packs are being advertised at and then put a premium on it. That's just my opinion.

Good luck
Thanks, I never take her out on bad weather or cold weather.....even when it rains. Thus the reason for never driving her, lol.

Always do the engine warm up and let her sit for for a minute or so to let the turbos cool down.

You're absolutely right about the interior. At first I didn't like it, but my wife gave me a thumbs up to buy her, so I over looked it. Probably took 2 months for me to fall in love with the platinum. It's truly amazing. Also, I'm a UCONN alum, so the car is appropriate color. Lol

One thing I forgot to add is the car has a BMW installed k40 radar detector. This, the paint protection film and tints are the only aftermarket things on the car

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Quote:

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #4
Rmv42158
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

I’m looking for a low mileage 6MT. Not a fan of the interior but it may grow on me. How much are you thinking? Can you send more pics?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Beautiful rare unicorn here! GLWS!
I can vouch for this exterior color, I own a an imperial blue M5
Very impressive and elegant color, also pretty rare.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmv42158 View Post
I'm looking for a low mileage 6MT. Not a fan of the interior but it may grow on me. How much are you thinking? Can you send more pics?
I have an idea, but not sure if it's market proper, which is why I was hoping to get some forum feedback.

There is a 2016 w/ 8Kmiles, non-ZCP, but has B&O for 65K. I would assume my would be more due to ZCP and 6-speed (for those that want it.)

Can you PM me your #, so I can send over more pics?

FYI: I had the entire car ceramic coated (exterior), wheels, calipers, and interior (dash, leather, carpet, etc.). This was done in 2018.10. Garage parked w/ car cover.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #7
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post

Thanks! Yes the color is amazing. And with the accent of the interior, it pops even more.

Car is amazingly easy to wash too. It's completely wrapped, so as long as your mitt/sponge is clean you won't get swirl marks.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippsachoi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post

Thanks! Yes the color is amazing. And with the accent of the interior, it pops even more.

Car is amazingly easy to wash too. It's completely wrapped, so as long as your mitt/sponge is clean you won't get swirl marks.
I think the headliner is also different, so wanted to post this pic. It's completely white? Sorry for the bad pics, I literally just went to the garage and took these 2 photos. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Last edited by chippsachoi; 08-26-2019 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
m3less130.00
      08-25-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

That is very rare and I'm a sucker for interiors. If you had one of the lighter shades of interior trim - it would pop even more... GLWS
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 08:22 AM   #10
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
That is very rare and I'm a sucker for interiors. If you had one of the lighter shades of interior trim - it would pop even more... GLWS

Thanks.

The car sits in the garage and has been treated so it's so supple and soft....definitely feels and smells new.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #11
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So no opinions on the price of this car?

Based on what forum members are asking for their cars, and what is on the web, I would think 71K is fair......thoughts?

I took the price from other 2016 ZCPs and added a premium for the manual gearbox and low miles.

71K seem fair?

Last edited by chippsachoi; 09-04-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #12
yoogene
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I think it's the right price for the right buyer, but if you're looking to move it at any rate, you're going to have to go around current market value. It's hard to move at that price because of the competition at that price point.

However, it's a beautiful combo that's immaculately taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 12:31 AM   #13
TTO898
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 (F10)

Nice car with low mileage!
I would think you'd be somewhere in the low to mid 60s range. The 6MT is a love/hate thing with some people, and DCT does carry a bit of a premium. You're also missing the driver assistance, B&O, and full leather which some of the cars in the mid 60s range seem to have (or some combination).

I'm sure you'll find the right buyer for it who loves the color combo (and doesn't mind the wood trim :-D)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 05:48 AM   #14
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO898 View Post
Nice car with low mileage!
I would think you'd be somewhere in the low to mid 60s range. The 6MT is a love/hate thing with some people, and DCT does carry a bit of a premium. You're also missing the driver assistance, B&O, and full leather which some of the cars in the mid 60s range seem to have (or some combination).

I'm sure you'll find the right buyer for it who loves the color combo (and doesn't mind the wood trim :-D)
Agreed. I think the $70s days on an f10 m5 are gone. You can find f90s in the $80s now. I think this car with the options is low to mid $60s.

I had a 2015 m5 6 speed comp a few years ago and when I got rid of it, all dealers offered me less then a dct because they claimed this car in 6 speed was not desirable by most. I agree but the ones who do want a 6 speed are just waiting to buy one since they are so rare and I was right because it sold within 24 hours. I def would not add a premium because it is 6 speed.

Last edited by SakM_5; 09-05-2019 at 05:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

If you look up on BMWUSA used vehicles, there is one with similar mileage, non ZCP, but more options including B&O for $65k. I'd think you should be able to get about $60 for it or just a tad less.

Beautiful car and I agree a walnut or honey brown trim on this car would have been gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #16
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakM_5 View Post
Agreed. I think the $70s days on an f10 m5 are gone. You can find f90s in the $80s now. I think this car with the options is low to mid $60s.

I had a 2015 m5 6 speed comp a few years ago and when I got rid of it, all dealers offered me less then a dct because they claimed this car in 6 speed was not desirable by most. I agree but the ones who do want a 6 speed are just waiting to buy one since they are so rare and I was right because it sold within 24 hours. I def would not add a premium because it is 6 speed.
Thanks for your feedback.

What website/forum/etc did you use to sell your vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #17
SakM_5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Panamera Turbo S

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback.

What website/forum/etc did you use to sell your vehicle?
I traded it in at a bmw dealer.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #18
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post
If you look up on BMWUSA used vehicles, there is one with similar mileage, non ZCP, but more options including B&O for $65k. I'd think you should be able to get about $60 for it or just a tad less.

Beautiful car and I agree a walnut or honey brown trim on this car would have been gorgeous.

I found the car you mentioned, BMW of Rockville, yes?

Isn't the ZCP more desirable than B&O and/or the drivers assistance package?

That car MSRP is 109K, mine was 115K. Looking at pure numbers, if my vehicle was sold at a dealership, wouldn't it be more?

Selling private, I would think it would be around 65ish (less any premium for color, 6-speed, etc.)

My rationale is that they both have warranties, mine is is 5K more in MSRP, and has the ZCP (performance package.)

To the right person, who wants the 6-speed and the custom interior, that would bump up the price above 65K?

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #19
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy27 View Post

I found the car you mentioned, BMW of Rockville, yes?

Isn't the ZCP more desirable than B&O and/or the drivers assistance package?

That car MSRP is 109K, mine was 115K. Looking at pure numbers, if my vehicle was sold at a dealership, wouldn't it be more?

Selling private, I would think it would be around 65ish (less any premium for color, 6-speed, etc.)

My rationale is that they both have warranties, mine is is 5K more in MSRP, and has the ZCP (performance package.)

To the right person, who wants the 6-speed and the custom interior, that would bump up the price above 65K?

Thoughts?
I would say shoot for $65k as your starting price and stay there for as couple weeks and see how it fares. Issue is the ppl who want these now are also looking at auction prices because this won't be the crowd that just goes out and buys the car they want but they are willing to adjust their desires based on the car. I personally think the zcp M5 does not offer too big of a difference from the standard M5 since they made the same exhaust louder by removing the baffles and resonators, but the wheels heavier (just my $.02) for a modest bump in power and lower/tighter suspension. also in the used car market, sticker price matters very little.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #20
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Based on the recent feedback and info posted here, I would list for $68k and try to get $65k. If that's a struggle and you get to the point you want to move it, you might need to take a little less. For sure you should be able to get more than $60k.

IMO, the B&O and full leather are worth more than it being a manual. Missing those options will hurt the sale.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #21
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

Quote:
Based on the recent feedback and info posted here, I would list for $68k and try to get $65k. If that's a struggle and you get to the point you want to move it, you might need to take a little less. For sure you should be able to get more than $60k.

IMO, the B&O and full leather are worth more than it being a manual. Missing those options will hurt the sale.
+1, I passed on cars (even at a lower price) w/o B&O and PDC. I ended up with a 6MT & ZCP, however, to some (like me) those are options which help resale over a ZCP.

Good luck & like the ones before me - great looking and well-maintained car.
      09-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #22
chippsachoi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
+1, I passed on cars (even at a lower price) w/o B&O and PDC. I ended up with a 6MT & ZCP, however, to some (like me) those are options which help resale over a ZCP.

Good luck & like the ones before me - great looking and well-maintained car.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

For sale thread will be posted shortly.
Appreciate 0