M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

08-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Vehicle finder not working.

Hi All,

After a little help and advice before I confuse the hell out of my dealer.

I have an Andriod phone with the BMW Connected app installed, never got into the iPhone.

My M5 is a 2012 UK car, so the steering will is in the correct position.

So my problem is that when I open the app and tap Locate Vehicle I get the map display and at the bottom of the screen have the notice, To use this feature, please activate GPS positioning in your vehicle.

All the other functions work fine, flash headlights, lock and unlock doors.

I only found the problem when I flow back from holiday and went to locate the car, being lazy and knowing I could find it on my return so didn't bother to remember where I parked. Much to the frustration of the wife as we had to wonder the car park.

There is nothing in my iDrive settings that allows me to activate the GPS, besides the SatNav works fine. Additionally I can't currently log into BMW Online, found that when trying to read my emails. Could the two be connected?

I can login to bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk fine, so it's not a password or username issue.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Garry
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 03:56 AM   #2
Snake doctor
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 MCB

Main menu -> Settings -> GPS Tracking
Attached Images

Last edited by Snake doctor; 08-27-2017 at 04:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 03:10 AM   #3
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

That menu item isn't available, even after doing an update services. I've logged this with BMW customer service, they told me that it's affecting a number of customers and the problem is being looked at by BMW Germany.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo1970 View Post
That menu item isn't available, even after doing an update services. I've logged this with BMW customer service, they told me that it's affecting a number of customers and the problem is being looked at by BMW Germany.
Tell them to check if there's a software upgrade to the iDrive software. Never had good luck with the Update BMW Services thing

Without GPS Tracking being enabled, obviously you won't be able to see the location of your vehicle on the ConnectedDrive app. Heck, you can even see the location of your vehicle when logging on to the ConnectedDrive site itself if you had that GPS Tracking enabled.
LUX H8 189 Angel Eyes

2023 Nissan Z Performance (Ikazuchi Yellow)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #5
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo1970 View Post
Tell them to check if there's a software upgrade to the iDrive software. Never had good luck with the Update BMW Services thing

Without GPS Tracking being enabled, obviously you won't be able to see the location of your vehicle on the ConnectedDrive app. Heck, you can even see the location of your vehicle when logging on to the ConnectedDrive site itself if you had that GPS Tracking enabled.
My car had this same issue. They could never seem to fix it.
      09-07-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Seems that BMW have fixed the problem but sadly no one has informed me of this. I was explaining the issue to a colleague and it worked.

So happy days once again, but would have been nice of BMW customer services to have contacted me to say so.
Appreciate 0