Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #23
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmaiuri View Post
Dude shut the fuck up. Period. I clarified in the above post what happened, 9AM on Sunday morning getting electrolytes after puking all Friday and Saturday morning. Had no intention of turning nannies off and using launch control or any of that dumb shit, the car just got out from under me because I completely forgot to turn dsc back on when leaving a stoplight. Lesson learned is don't fuck with nannies but I was in a shit state just trying to get back home and recover.
You are complaining about people acting on a forum
People like you sir are the problem and acting like a brat
You seem to think you are more entitled and have a right to talk down to people

I still dont understand what you wanted from your original post

Even with dsc off youd have to floor it and continue to floor it to be in that situation

Post some legitimate questions and ill be happy to answer them
I dont hold any grudges, if i had catastrophic volcano ass piss id probably not be making much sense either
I forgive you

Last edited by Craze; 12-01-2018 at 07:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #24
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #25
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

M4 not on all 4's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craze View Post
That sir is a fitting end to a dipstick.

Last edited by M5Rick; 12-02-2018 at 07:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #26
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5avage View Post
Sorry to hear that. my best bet is to follow up with Allstate or file a claim with BMW NA. I would try to get it totaled. If it drives fine and you are satisfied with the repairs then just enjoy it in good health. Sh*t happens just enjoy the car
As far as the repairs go, BMW recommends all replacement with new OEM parts. Was just curious about leaving the wheels out in the original line item quote and then hearing that when they were added back into the order, it was total loss from a monetary standpoint yet they chose to cut a deal for the wheels at wholesale. I get it back tomorrow, will report back when I do.
Insurance companies negotiate with shops all the time. If your about to receive the car back, its too late for them to total it now.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #27
Herofmine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
So a couple weeks ago I pulled the identical stunt that the guy leaving cars and coffee did in his M4. Except going faster. Over a much larger curb.

Needless to say, my entire suspension was toast. The total bill for the repairs came out to 22,300.66

I went to BMW yesterday and heard an interesting nugget that when the parts list was ordered the OEM wheels were left out of the line item for the insurance claim.

Per BMW + Allstate, the MSRP of the wheels would have placed the vehicle in the total loss category, monetarily speaking.

To get around this, BMW ordered the wheels at cost. This is all beneficial to them as they get a 23K check instead of a total loss.

Any advice? Am I being pessimistic in their mishap and attempt to rectify and fix my car or is something afoot?
Can you post a pictures, i may be able to tell you how much will really cost you to fix it.
Appreciate 0