M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

11-29-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
keefyb
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition pack

BMW Insured Warranty

Hi. New F10 M5 owner here, and thought I had done all my research up front on warranties, but now I've come to purchase the BMW insured warranty, the following wording has popped up -

As you have chosen to purchase a BMW Insured Warranty and your vehicle has no existing warranty cover, you need to confirm the following in order to proceed.

I can confirm that my vehicle has been fully serviced in accordance with the manufacturing recommendations/intervals and has not been modified in any way.

The service history of the insured vehicle and supporting invoices will be required by the repairing Retailer at the time of an Insured Warranty claim

It only fell out of warranty in August and has a full BMW service history, but the only record of this is in the idrive - I don't have the previous owners' invoices. Any advice on what I should do? Can I get copy invoices from a BMW dealer if necessary? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefyb View Post
Hi. New F10 M5 owner here, and thought I had done all my research up front on warranties, but now I've come to purchase the BMW insured warranty, the following wording has popped up -

As you have chosen to purchase a BMW Insured Warranty and your vehicle has no existing warranty cover, you need to confirm the following in order to proceed.

I can confirm that my vehicle has been fully serviced in accordance with the manufacturing recommendations/intervals and has not been modified in any way.

The service history of the insured vehicle and supporting invoices will be required by the repairing Retailer at the time of an Insured Warranty claim

It only fell out of warranty in August and has a full BMW service history, but the only record of this is in the idrive - I don't have the previous owners' invoices. Any advice on what I should do? Can I get copy invoices from a BMW dealer if necessary? Thanks.
If its on the idrive then it should be Good. The code of the dealer who did the work would be in the idrive so if you call any BMW dealer they should be able to help.

Maybe put up a pic of the screen
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:

I asked my local BMW dealer for a print out of the full history on my car when I bought it privately.

I got a list off all work plus service items.

This included a rear window replacement due to a faulty heater amongst other things.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
Davie 3 door
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 & 535d Msport

I have the service book stamped up and every print out in the history
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
keefyb
Rep

Thanks for the replies. Managed to get one proper invoice from one dealer and then a "GDPR approved" detailed service history from another.

No same answer from either of the 3 dealers I rang, but 2 told me i wouldn't need SH invoices for a warranty claim.

I've purchased the warranty anyway as the invoice only really shows it was done under a service pack, and the service history print out is much more interesting, showing miles over or under service recommendation for each component. 37 miles over for the running in inspection......so i trust that is as near as dammit should I make any claims!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
keefyb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
I asked my local BMW dealer for a print out of the full history on my car when I bought it privately.

This included a rear window replacement due to a faulty heater amongst other things.
Sounds like they gave you warranty replaced item info then too? That is the one thing they have all been very cagey about "We can't give that out in case their is any warranty work on there" etc....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #7
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post

Sounds like they gave you warranty replaced item info then too? That is the one thing they have all been very cagey about "We can't give that out in case their is any warranty work on there" etc....
yes got a full list of everything that was done.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0