M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

*** bootmod3 - OBD Agent Update, faster flash times ***

Wanted to share some news with you guys New OBD Agent is out and in this release we enhanced flashing and took quick flashes and unlock times further down.

Current BM3 flash stats:

Total flash time to switch map = 36secs. That includes 5secs to run a preconditions check on the car to make sure its ready to flash (some tools either skip this entirely or do a very basic battery voltage check), 25secs to do the actual flash, and 6secs to recode to the DME (some tools require you to do this after flashing manually).

The very first flash on a car that hasn't been tuned takes 3mins 30secs start to finish

For reference, some other tools take 20mins with a special cable (50mins with a basic cable) for the very first flash and 2.5-5mins to switch a map. On dual DME cars flash times are doubled. In addition to that some tools require coding data to be managed and flashed separately from flashing the DME as a secondary step.

bootmod3 always uses your factory OEM software version and tunes with it and activation is instant at the time of checkout after which you simply activate with your license key, pick an OTS map, flash and go.

Version 0.010.032 of the OBD Agent is now out and the update will be automatically downloaded on your next run of the agent.

Have a great weekend!

Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      09-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
ltym5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

It's a shame you don't do a flat torque map for the M5 such as the one that OpenFlash tablet do.

I can see the competition between your two products but given the potential for bent rods and clutch slip it's a no brainer for M5 owners to want to limit torque to protect both engine and gearbox

You should be offering this.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
It's a shame you don't do a flat torque map for the M5 such as the one that OpenFlash tablet do.

I can see the competition between your two products but given the potential for bent rods and clutch slip it's a no brainer for M5 owners to want to limit torque to protect both engine and gearbox

bm3 came out November 2016. There are close over 8500 users now, many of those are V8s of various flavours and our OTS maps are built by those holding records, have been tested around the World with countless runs of cars at the drag strip, street, autobahn, 'ring...

The OTS maps are set within safe levels for given octane for both the transmission and the engine as there's quite a bit more left if pushed at the expense of potential longevity..

If there's demand for weaker maps we can always make those but TBH those requests are very rare, don't believe I've ever heard anyone ask for it but lets open up the discussion and you guys can let us know if there's true demand for something like that and we'll make a linear torque map no big deal at all what would be neater is to let you guys define how you'd like torque to come in maybe through the map config screen based on RPM which is super easy and doesn't require getting into details with a map editor for tuning.

You can already do it based on gear for traction reasons and most of the guys regularly using bootmod3 configure to match their traction abilities more appropriately for their tire and suspension setup.
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      09-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
bm3 came out November 2016. There are close over 8500 users now, many of those are V8s of various flavours and our OTS maps are built by those holding records, have been tested around the World with countless runs of cars at the drag strip, street, autobahn, 'ring...

The OTS maps are set within safe levels for given octane for both the transmission and the engine as there's quite a bit more left if pushed at the expense of potential longevity..

If there's demand for weaker maps we can always make those but TBH those requests are very rare, don't believe I've ever heard anyone ask for it but lets open up the discussion and you guys can let us know if there's true demand for something like that and we'll make a linear torque map no big deal at all what would be neater is to let you guys define how you'd like torque to come in maybe through the map config screen based on RPM which is super easy and doesn't require getting into details with a map editor for tuning.

You can already do it based on gear for traction reasons and most of the guys regularly using bootmod3 configure to match their traction abilities more appropriately for their tire and suspension setup.
You may remember some of my posts asking on similar things around these lines, I'd like 750nm at the engine for as long as possible with pure stage 2 - ideally through to 7000rpm or so.

I'd also like less power/torque/boost in 1st to help with launches.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
Somy6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post

The clutch slip is what truly confused me to be honest. I read somewhere saying "Oh, it's fine just don't press the gas on map 2 below this rpm so the clutch wont slip". I'm like wait a minute. If its known for sure the clutch slips, Shouldnt an upgraded clutch be a recommendation before the map is released or given to everyone?

Also, You can add burbles, boost by gear, configure your own map etc... confused me. Can you please elaborate more on how such changes take plane without changing the map altogether? Is that safe?
Appreciate 1
OpenFlash1733.00
      09-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #7
Somy6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW Monte Carlo Blue M5

You may remember some of my posts asking on similar things around these lines, I'd like 750nm at the engine for as long as possible with pure stage 2 - ideally through to 7000rpm or so.

I'd also like less power/torque/boost in 1st to help with launches.[/QUOTE]

Car feels 10x faster now getting traction in all first 3 gears.
Appreciate 1
OpenFlash1733.00
      09-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #8
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somy6 View Post
The clutch slip is what truly confused me to be honest. I read somewhere saying "Oh, it's fine just don't press the gas on map 2 below this rpm so the clutch wont slip". I'm like wait a minute. If its known for sure the clutch slips, Shouldnt an upgraded clutch be a recommendation before the map is released or given to everyone?

Also, You can add burbles, boost by gear, configure your own map etc... confused me. Can you please elaborate more on how such changes take plane without changing the map altogether? Is that safe?
i have ots stage 2 93, and now i have problem with second gear, sometime shift smooth from first to second or from third to second and sometime like someone hitting my car from back hard, no error codes or message at all.

like the car acceleration without touching the gas pedal, and it happen only with efficient mode and gear on D auto

so i am thinking is that my clutch started to slip on second gear or what the problem...
      10-04-2018, 05:29 PM   #9
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0