Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Catted downpipes

I'm looking for a decent quality set of catted downpipes. They must be available in Europe as I don't want to order from the US due to import taxes.

I'm not looking for catless downpipes due to legal reasons. I don't want my insurance to be void in the event of an accident. As much as I would love to.

I've seen a few available, but to me they look like cheap universal cats welded into a downpipe. I don't want to spend alot, I've seen some around the £600 Mark which would be ideal.

Would I still get decent sound from catted or would a muffler delete give better results?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
dsmclark
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
I'm looking for a decent quality set of catted downpipes. They must be available in Europe as I don't want to order from the US due to import taxes.

I'm not looking for catless downpipes due to legal reasons. I don't want my insurance to be void in the event of an accident. As much as I would love to.

I've seen a few available, but to me they look like cheap universal cats welded into a downpipe. I don't want to spend alot, I've seen some around the £600 Mark which would be ideal.

Would I still get decent sound from catted or would a muffler delete give better results?

Thanks
I'd say go muffler delete first. I went catless and then muffler delete and since putting the cats back on, for mot, I've been really happy with the sound once I got used too it (as catless and muffler delete did sound lovely but more raw!) and decided to leave them on. Then when my warranty runs out I'll probably just gut the pre cats and run stage 2 tune as then they will be 400 cell and won't get the check engine light with the tune.

I got paul at pcw to mod my back boxes and that way it keeps the valves in so it can be some what civilised haha. But I have a remote so can open the valves when I want too.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Dont bother unless catless
Appreciate 0