M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Covid questions ii

Please leave the political statements out of this thread. This is simply question and answer.

I got the question "Kick 6, what is your opinion on the booster that is being discussed recently, specifically Pfizer."

The booster does a good job of increasing antibodies against SARS-Cov2. This will greatly help reduce hospitalizations and deaths. The million dollar question is how long will it be effective. IMO, the Pfizer shots should be given farther apart. There is some info out there showing a 3.5 times increase in antibody production when given further apart.

My personal preference would be to get the Pfizer shot. Moderna would be my second choice. I don't advocate getting J&J or AstraZeneca.
Appreciate 1
704g30101.50
      10-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I understand that an infected, non-vaccinated person will easily transmit COVID-19 as it replicates/sheds itself in the patient's respiratory system.
Does this "replication" of COVID in fully vaccinated people significantly reduce the ability to spread?
Are there any studies out there that compared the trasmittability between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people?
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 04:49 AM   #3
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I understand that an infected, non-vaccinated person will easily transmit COVID-19 as it replicates/sheds itself in the patient's respiratory system.
Does this "replication" of COVID in fully vaccinated people significantly reduce the ability to spread?
Are there any studies out there that compared the trasmittability between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people?
I wouldn't necessarily say that it will "easily" spread, but I understand your point. I have seen a study about vaccinated compared to unvaccinated people and their viral loads.

Vaccinated people and unvaccinated people have basically the same viral loads in their nasopharynx up until about day five or six. This means they can spread the virus equally during this time. In most cases, the viral loads aren't high enough to have sufficient viral shed until after day 3. This gives two or three days of equal viral spread between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. After day 5 or 6, the vaccinated person usually starts dropping viral load faster than an unvaccinated person. It's usually around day 7 to 10 before symptoms start. The vaccinated person does have a decreased chance of spreading during this time so I guess you could say vaccination slows the spreading by about 50%.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2021, 07:12 AM   #4
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

Kick6, I work in the NICU and we have been seeing more cases of Mother's coming in with difficulty breathing. Lately, the moms that have been coming in due to complications with Covid have been getting younger. By younger I mean the baby's gestational age. The past few weeks we've been getting 25 week old moms in triage and we've had to do stat c-sections. The babies being 25 weeks old are obviously having issues with their lungs not fully developed and the moms have been so sick that they are getting placed on ECMO.

My question is: how has COVID affected the pregnant population in your area and is this yet another area we need to gather more information on and start to trend?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 04:03 PM   #5
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Kick6, I work in the NICU and we have been seeing more cases of Mother's coming in with difficulty breathing. Lately, the moms that have been coming in due to complications with Covid have been getting younger. By younger I mean the baby's gestational age. The past few weeks we've been getting 25 week old moms in triage and we've had to do stat c-sections. The babies being 25 weeks old are obviously having issues with their lungs not fully developed and the moms have been so sick that they are getting placed on ECMO.

My question is: how has COVID affected the pregnant population in your area and is this yet another area we need to gather more information on and start to trend?
I'm not in position to answer that question with any validity from a science standpoint. There just isn't any literature on it. But I am good friends with an OB/GYN and he told me that he is seeing more issues with bleeding complications in women of childbearing age that received the vaccination. He told me he received a lot of pushback from the CDC when he tried to get information on it.

Interesting that you mentioned the lungs because my brother works as a contractor for a Federal agency and he was mandated to get the vaccine. Less than a week after getting his second Pfizer vaccine, he was hospitalized for congested heart failure symptoms and has never had an issue before. He is 54 years old. The fluid built up around his heart, lungs, and even caused swollen testicles. VAERS shows 40 reported cases of testicular swelling for the Pfizer vaccine and 65 recorded cases of congestive cardiomyopathy the last time I looked. His case will not be recorded with VAERS because the physicians do not associate the two and both of these conditions are greatly under reported to VAERS.

If you want to talk "hypotheticals," I can do that. Pregnant women require much higher calcium loads because the growing baby needs a lot of it. Because enough is not often acquired from the diet, the women start leaching calcium from their bones to increase the baby's calcium availability. The problem is when the calcium is leached, so is any other polyvalent cation stored in the bones. Lead is removed from our bloodstream and put as far from our organs as we can put it. It often ends up in the bones. When you start seeing preeclampsia from after week 20 to week 34 of gestation, that can often be attributed to elevated lead levels.

Lead in our bloodstream increases oxidative stress the same that SARS-Cov-2 does. It would increase COVID symptoms because reduction capacity could get overloaded quickly. I'd start looking there for answers.

Last edited by Kick 6; 11-01-2021 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 3
540iSUP703.00
      10-31-2021, 08:19 PM   #6
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
@Kick 6 What's your outlook on the when the "situation" ends?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 10:01 PM   #7
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

What are your thoughts on the vaccine and what effects it may have on autoimmune issues like psoriatic arthritis. I have read about people who are actively on immunosuppressant to actually get both doses and recommended to get boosters since the medication lowers their immune response. My question is what about those NOT on medication? Could the vaccine worsen the disease or symptoms given the already over active immune system?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 07:21 AM   #8
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
@Kick 6 What's your outlook on the when the "situation" ends?
I'm not sure it ever will "end." I don't see it as MERS or SARS1 that just died out. I can see either scenario where it either dies down and is more like influenza or I can see where it keeps mutating and keeps on going. The strong will survive and I can't tell you what strong means other than one with a good immune system that is not overburdened.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      11-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #9
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
What are your thoughts on the vaccine and what effects it may have on autoimmune issues like psoriatic arthritis. I have read about people who are actively on immunosuppressant to actually get both doses and recommended to get boosters since the medication lowers their immune response. My question is what about those NOT on medication? Could the vaccine worsen the disease or symptoms given the already over active immune system?
I'm not a fan of giving the vaccine to psoriatic arthritis patients but I can definitely see a need for it. IMO, those patients have chronic infections that can come from vector borne diseases or an increase permeability of their GI tract. The latter is more common IMO.

Having a chronic infection causes a decrease in available substrates for our biological processes. Basically, we lose minerals/elements. Things like magnesium, manganese, selenium, boron, etc. Most of the polyvalent cations are reduced. This causes a decrease in efficiency of our pathways which can lead to epigenetic shifts. This down regulates our immune system. It's a form adapting our body to our current situation. This is done to decrease oxidative stress.

A psoriatic arthritis patient would be a great candidate to do a food sensitivity test to see which items cause IgG reactions. Avoiding those foods would likely benefit the patient greatly. Determining the pathogenic insults for that patient could also be beneficial. That is much easier said than done.

Yes, the vaccine could worsen those patients' health. It could also keep them alive if they got COVID. It's not as cut and dry as they make it out to be.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2021, 09:38 AM   #10
704g30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 540i

Garage List
2017 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
Please leave the political statements out of this thread. This is simply question and answer.

I got the question "Kick 6, what is your opinion on the booster that is being discussed recently, specifically Pfizer."
Thanks! Glad you saw that, and I appreciate the info.

Instagram 704g30

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 10:11 PM   #11
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Do you have any opinion on possible implications since some Northern European countries have suspended Moderna use for young ppl? Is there a similar concern for Pfizer and other vaccines?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:06 AM   #12
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Do you have any opinion on possible implications since some Northern European countries have suspended Moderna use for young ppl? Is there a similar concern for Pfizer and other vaccines?
There are certainly concerns. The vaccines all have their benefits and their detriments. The problem I have is that the detriments aren't being adequately examined no matter what the NIH is telling us. I stated in an earlier thread that I do not advocate getting the J&J or the AstraZenica vaccinations. They present more risk IMO and I recommend Pfizer even though my brother is still hospitalized after getting his second Pfizer vaccination.

I had three patients that were in decent health that died shortly after receiving the vaccine. I don't know which vaccine they received but none were listed on VAERS. Two died of stroke from blood clots with no previous clotting history. I had twice as many die from COVID that appeared to be in good health. 99.7% of the people survive COVID. I'd like to know the true number of people that have complications from the vaccines but we will never know the actual number. The last count I saw on VAERS COVID vaccine associated deaths was over 16,000. Some of those can't be attributed with the vaccines but many more that are unreported can be.

Pfizer is still my recommendation with Moderna second.
Appreciate 3
rebekahb3120.50
      11-03-2021, 10:29 AM   #13
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

With recent approval to "mix" boosters, does that make reasonable sense to consider? And especially mixing the mRNA with traditional?

I haven't looked yet, I'm not in a big push to boost, but at least with initial immunizations in Cali, I didn't have a choice on which product I received. I picked a day, and got what was there that day.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #14
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
With recent approval to "mix" boosters, does that make reasonable sense to consider? And especially mixing the mRNA with traditional?

I haven't looked yet, I'm not in a big push to boost, but at least with initial immunizations in Cali, I didn't have a choice on which product I received. I picked a day, and got what was there that day.
I am not a fan of mixing boosters, especially AstraZeneca and J&J with anything.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP703.00
      11-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #15
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am not a fan of mixing boosters, especially AstraZeneca and J&J with anything.
AZ isn't even a choice here, I don't think. But I'm tempted by the variation in modality to get J&J, as I'm fully Pfizer. Not based on actual research or any empirical evidence, just that variability.

TEHCNICALLY, being 55 and T1D, I guess I fall into the risk group that should get boosted. I was fully vaccinated in April, so 6 months is up.

I would prefer if I could get screened to see just what level of protection I still have, before making that decision.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #16
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
There are certainly concerns. The vaccines all have their benefits and their detriments. The problem I have is that the detriments aren't being adequately examined no matter what the NIH is telling us. I stated in an earlier thread that I do not advocate getting the J&J or the AstraZenica vaccinations. They present more risk IMO and I recommend Pfizer even though my brother is still hospitalized after getting his second Pfizer vaccination.

I had three patients that were in decent health that died shortly after receiving the vaccine. I don't know which vaccine they received but none were listed on VAERS. Two died of stroke from blood clots with no previous clotting history. I had twice as many die from COVID that appeared to be in good health. 99.7% of the people survive COVID. I'd like to know the true number of people that have complications from the vaccines but we will never know the actual number. The last count I saw on VAERS COVID vaccine associated deaths was over 16,000. Some of those can't be attributed with the vaccines but many more that are unreported can be.

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he will be ok. Would you be able to say more about his condition and if it has anything to do w Pfizer or something else?

Actually, what are the key differences between Pfizer and Moderna because they always seem to be marketed as a similar pair of vaccines? I'm curious why Moderna is showing more side effects vs Pfizer atm.

It's concerning that certain deaths aren't reported as linked with vaccines. There was a data about general deaths and supposedly they spiked up significantly after the vaccine implementation, so whether or not they some were attributed to VAERS, how can that gap be explained?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #17
Pauldunlop13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

I had the J&J in April and will be getting the Moderna booster tmrw

I spoke with my doctor 2 weeks ago and he recommended the Moderna over the Pfizer, given the choice (he had to get the Pfizer due to availability at the time)
2016 228Xi - 2017-2018
2003 Acura RSX Type S 2003-2017
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:33 PM   #18
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:

Curious, is a person's own immune system a recommendation? If so, under what circumstances?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 02:27 AM   #19
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he will be ok. Would you be able to say more about his condition and if it has anything to do w Pfizer or something else?

Actually, what are the key differences between Pfizer and Moderna because they always seem to be marketed as a similar pair of vaccines? I'm curious why Moderna is showing more side effects vs Pfizer atm.

It's concerning that certain deaths aren't reported as linked with vaccines. There was a data about general deaths and supposedly they spiked up significantly after the vaccine implementation, so whether or not they some were attributed to VAERS, how can that gap be explained?
He had two cardiologists talk to him yesterday and they verified that he had a form of viral cardiomyopathy. It causes congestive heart failure symptoms. They said at his age, they were certain it was caused by the Pfizer vaccine.

I'd have to go back and look at the exact differences between Pfizer and Moderna, I can't answer that with any degree of certainty.

The VAERS data is troubling to me. These vaccines have caused many more problems than our previous vaccines and as one research paper noted, only about 1 in 10 vaccine related issues is reported to VAERS.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 02:29 AM   #20
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
Curious, is a person's own immune system a recommendation? If so, under what circumstances?
Can you rephrase the question, I'm not sure I understand it?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #21
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The VAERS data is troubling to me. These vaccines have caused many more problems than our previous vaccines and as one research paper noted, only about 1 in 10 vaccine related issues is reported to VAERS.
<Tongue firmly in cheek> Say it isn't so! </Tongue firmly in cheek>

These are the things that keep some people up at night, and make it so there is "concern" over the findings. I don't pretend to have your, or many others' medical knowledge. But I do have enough knowledge to worry about "statistics" and dependency on incomplete information. And since I grew up in a legal household, I know once you are discredited in a single area, your complete testimony becomes suspect.

Not YOUR testimony, but the generic your
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      11-05-2021, 05:28 AM   #22
MariaAllen
Banned
Rep
Drives: Ford F30

Every COVID vaccine is effective. You just need to get vaccinated ASAP
Appreciate 0