M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-01-2019, 12:46 AM   #23
Washabi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition Package

Garage List
1995 Porsche 911  [0.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
For anyone that encounters this same issue, I replaced the amp (with an older version) and the audio came back up without any additional coding or programming necessary. I also inspected the area that the amp is located in and found no sign of any water damage so I'm not entirely sure what happened. Nonetheless, the amp was definitely the issue. Thanks everyone for their input and suggestions! I'm just glad i have audio again after 3 months of silence!
OneExtra809.50
      05-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washabi View Post
For anyone that encounters this same issue, I replaced the amp (with an older version) and the audio came back up without any additional coding or programming necessary. I also inspected the area that the amp is located in and found no sign of any water damage so I'm not entirely sure what happened. Nonetheless, the amp was definitely the issue. Thanks everyone for their input and suggestions! I'm just glad i have audio again after 3 months of silence!
Glad you located another amp and have music, it must have been murder without any radio or disc music but the exhaust sound must have compensated to some extent! GL with that replacement.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #25
net7
Rep
Drives: M5 2013

This also happened on my car. All of a sudden the sound stopped working. I ended up replacing the entire sound system in the car for about $4k (honestly, I'm not sure if was the right choice, the place I installed it at did a terrible job).

When my amp went bad, what happened was my sound would work for a couple of seconds after I turned on the engine, then cut out and say the exact same message. However, if the engine was off, but car was on (accessory mode? not sure what to call it), the sound would work perfectly for as long as the battery let it go.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
Washabi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition Package

Garage List
1995 Porsche 911  [0.00]
2014 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by net7 View Post
This also happened on my car. All of a sudden the sound stopped working. I ended up replacing the entire sound system in the car for about $4k (honestly, I'm not sure if was the right choice, the place I installed it at did a terrible job).
wow! I guess I got lucky as I was able to source a replacement amp from another member here on the forums for a very decent price (less than $650 shipped, used, but in very good condition with no visible damage or surface blemishes) and was able to swap the unit out on my own with a few tools and a bit of know-how :