Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

01-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

update on my install 4*102mm and first impression:

I showed up at the shop this morning and do the install. After the shop guy took my car in and proceeded to cut the stock exhaust off, the shop guy said to me "You are going to love the E-Race". I said to him I had asked you to order the 'Sport', NOT 'Race' because I believed the 'Sport' is more suited for me. He double checked and realized he ordered the wrong version for me. He asked me if I am willing to go with the 'Race' as it would cost him $ for re-ordering due to shipping & other FX expenses. At the end, I was kind of unwilling but decide to just go with the 'Race'.

The installation took about 2.5 hrs with some finer adjustments to make the fitment to be flushed with the diffuser (almost to the same spec. as the stock setting). In the end, the guy did achieved the look I wanted.

I took a somewhat of an extensive drive for about 1 - 1.5 hrs, in both highways & local roads and I do notice there is a drone around the 1500-2000 rpm and the noise is fairly loud to me, perhaps, I am used to the stock exhaust with little noise. I guess I will have to let the E-Race break in and see the drone noise will lower over the next couple thousands of km.

Last edited by bobblehead; 01-03-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

After having the 'wrong' Eisenmann installed onto my car, I have decided to remove it and put it back to stock. There is nothing wrong with the Race at all but it's simply way too loud to me and it will be put up for sale in this board (pref in the Toronto area and no oversea shipping) after I have taken it off later this month.

Anyone interested in a few weeks old Esienmann 'Race', just pm me and I can give you a good & fair deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #25
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

That's too bad you had to go through the hassle to reinstall back to stock :S

I was always on the fence about the exhaust worried that it would be too loud in person, I guess there no real way to find out until install, the video doesn't do the justice

Hope you find a buyer soon.
      01-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #26
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Although the E-Race is too loud for me, I still think the E-Sport would have met my needs in an aftermarket exhaust. If the noise is 1/2 of the E-Race lowered, then it would have sounded great.

Anyway, it is what it is. If I don't sell the E-Race locally, I can always give it away when the time comes of trading in my car later in 2014 or early 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orich View Post
That's too bad you had to go through the hassle to reinstall back to stock :S

I was always on the fence about the exhaust worried that it would be too loud in person, I guess there no real way to find out until install, the video doesn't do the justice

Hope you find a buyer soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #27
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Although the E-Race is too loud for me, I still think the E-Sport would have met my needs in an aftermarket exhaust. If the noise is 1/2 of the E-Race lowered, then it would have sounded great.

Anyway, it is what it is. If I don't sell the E-Race locally, I can always give it away when the time comes of trading in my car later in 2014 or early 2015.
hey bobble head…

i am in the Richmond Hill area… can i drive by your place one of these weekends to hear the car ? i am actually in the market for an exhaust… if its not too loud, i might just take it off your hands if you're willing to make a deal for me.

pm me or email me at chriskho*at*gmail.com

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #28
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Update:

E-Race is NOW off the car and ready for anyone who is interested. Feel free to PM me

$3000 Cdn is the current asking price. If bought new, it would be around $5100-$5300 Cdn (taxes, duties, shipping, Us foreign exchange premium, installed)

Last edited by bobblehead; 01-17-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #29
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Another update

The exhaust is now sold at a basement bargain price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Update:

E-Race is NOW off the car and ready for anyone who is interested. Feel free to PM me

$3000 Cdn is the current asking price. If bought new, it would be around $5100-$5300 Cdn (taxes, duties, shipping, Us foreign exchange premium, installed)
Appreciate 0