M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

bootmod3 New Feature Release - Import OTS Maps, learning experience ***

Hey guys,
We've mentioned this feature in the past as something we've been working on adding and it is now available in the editor. OTS maps that we provide as FREE which are basically OEM like calibration data can now be used as really great reference points if you have a desire to learn how to tune on this platform.

In the S55 case you can import the GTS, CS and CSL OTS maps. On the N55 EWG you'll have access to the M2 map and on the S63tu to the Comp Package (600hp) map.

As an example, you can open your Stock Tune first in the editor, do "Save As" to make a copy of it for custom tuning reasons (stock tune itself cannot be edited). Once you create a map, name it as you wish and proceed to the editor to import one of these OTS maps that you find most appropriate/intriguing and go from there. Editor will highlight tables changed in 'red' between your stock and the imported map. If you click on any given 'red' table you can hover on and off the button called 'Original' and see changes in your original (stock) map and if you hover off you'll see the imported changes in bold.

Let us know if any questions at all

Here's a quick vid we put together to demonstrate how its done:

Appreciate 1
Darkshear154.00
      05-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
wallyman424
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M5

Any chance the stage 1 ots tunes will be released in the same fashion? It's be great to compare those to stock and really see what and how the various tables are changed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:58 AM   #3
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
i just want to add burbles to my OTS stage 2 93, any way to do that? i like the OTS stage 2 93 for my M6, everything running good and nice power for OEM clutches

i edited my OTS stage 2, i added my cold start back and exhaust flap to open and that was great function. just missing the burble for S63tu

i know BM3 can do magic and everything

any help?
      05-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #4
Dumpspec
Major
Rep
Drives: @dumpspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post
i just want to add burbles to my OTS stage 2 93, any way to do that? i like the OTS stage 2 93 for my M6, everything running good and nice power for OEM clutches

i edited my OTS stage 2, i added my cold start back and exhaust flap to open and that was great function. just missing the burble for S63tu

any help?
what he said
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
epiphanyray
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 E39 M5 + 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M6 View Post

any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpspec View Post
what he said
What they said.
Appreciate 0