Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

05-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2015

Lockdown easing........???

Don't know where you all are in the uk but do we think our M5's will be able to get a thrashing on Monday?? I live in the North West of England, which is pretty bad atm so not expecting any miracles! The roads are getting busier, people seem to be taking it upon themselves that the lockdown is already relaxed, more people out and about, shops/takeaway franchises opening yet over 31k of people have died because of Covid. People flocking to beaches because of the weather... I've seen groups of adults in gardens who obviously don't live together, is it gonna take ANOTHER spike of this fecker before people realise what's happening??
I understand the economy has to be started, but at what price???
Ps dying to give my motor a blast
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59587.50
      05-09-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J11SEK View Post
Don't know where you all are in the uk but do we think our M5's will be able to get a thrashing on Monday?? I live in the North West of England, which is pretty bad atm so not expecting any miracles! The roads are getting busier, people seem to be taking it upon themselves that the lockdown is already relaxed, more people out and about, shops/takeaway franchises opening yet over 31k of people have died because of Covid. People flocking to beaches because of the weather... I've seen groups of adults in gardens who obviously don't live together, is it gonna take ANOTHER spike of this fecker before people realise what's happening??
I understand the economy has to be started, but at what price???
Ps dying to give my motor a blast
Same here,would love to drive to Brighton for the day but don't want some cop telling me to go back home.
Appreciate 1
J11SEK268.00
      05-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #3
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

We all want to drive our Ms, unfortunately I don't think that's going to be possible in the near future. I think Boris will be making a mistake if he eases the lockdown to any extent. As mentioned people are already taking advantage and will continue to do so until every single one of us ends up with covid and the UK suffers 100s of thousands of deaths.

People hanging around in parks and gathering in groups anywhere, including gardens, should be fined £1k each. We all need to work together to get past this problem. People are relying on a vaccine, there isn't one for any other coronavirus so there may never be one for this.
Appreciate 1
J11SEK268.00
      05-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
We all want to drive our Ms, unfortunately I don't think that's going to be possible in the near future. I think Boris will be making a mistake if he eases the lockdown to any extent. As mentioned people are already taking advantage and will continue to do so until every single one of us ends up with covid and the UK suffers 100s of thousands of deaths.

People hanging around in parks and gathering in groups anywhere, including gardens, should be fined £1k each. We all need to work together to get past this problem. People are relying on a vaccine, there isn't one for any other coronavirus so there may never be one for this.
I agree with that, the only way to affect people is to him them where it hurts..... in the wallet 1k would certainly do that.....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #5
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I drive every day, all the journeys are essential. I could probably use one of the other cars but I’m paying tax, insurance and warranty and so I’m using the M5.

The roads are quiet/empty, which is pretty relaxing. I don’t really drive fast anyway, but if I wanted to I’d feel like a bit of a chopper in the circumstances. I’ve previously pointed out there is some seriously dangerous stuff out there.

But in terms of needing to get about? 100% M5 at the minute.

The absence of congested traffic, empty roundabouts etc just make the car a dream gliding along.

It doesn’t hurt anyone, it’s essential and it has absolutely 0% chance of spreading anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 03:35 AM   #6
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm5 View Post
I drive every day, all the journeys are essential. I could probably use one of the other cars but I'm paying tax, insurance and warranty and so I'm using the M5.

The roads are quiet/empty, which is pretty relaxing. I don't really drive fast anyway, but if I wanted to I'd feel like a bit of a chopper in the circumstances. I've previously pointed out there is some seriously dangerous stuff out there.

But in terms of needing to get about? 100% M5 at the minute.

The absence of congested traffic, empty roundabouts etc just make the car a dream gliding along.

It doesn't hurt anyone, it's essential and it has absolutely 0% chance of spreading anything.
Where abouts in the uk are you Ian?? I'm guessing rural or similar?? I live in a small village and even that has got a lot busier over the last week..... :
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 04:51 AM   #7
M5Rick
General
Rep

Easing of lockdown (if any) will be mentioned tomorrow.I hope there will be a bit of easing because you can't keep people locked up for ever because they tend to react and with some common sense some normality to life can be resumed.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 05:42 AM   #8
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Easing of lockdown (if any) will be mentioned tomorrow.I hope there will be a bit of easing because you can't keep people locked up for ever because they tend to react and with some common sense some normality to life can be resumed.
They wouldn't react so much if they faced a hefty fine. As much as I would love to get out a little more I just don't feel it's the right play. Obviously the government knows best, like they knew best when they were still letting people into the country when they knew the virus was spreading.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 06:11 AM   #9
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
As this sunny warm weekend weather has already shown, unfortunately many people are massively lacking in the "common sense" department and this is worrying if/when restrictions are relaxed.. I fear there will be restrictions for some months to come...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 06:50 AM   #10
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

We're working along side people like this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:23 AM   #11
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
We're working along side people like this
saw this yesterday on social media..... great headline ! But true, this type of idiot will have no respect for any type of lockdown relaxation!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #12
M5Rick
General
Rep

I wait on tomorrows PM's announcement with slight apprehension.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:35 AM   #13
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I wait on tomorrows PM's announcement with slight apprehension.
It's 7pm tonight mate on national TV.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #14
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Sorry if I’ve posted and sound sympathetic to the scum who haven’t respected lockdown. I’m definitely not signed up to that, I just need to travel and when I do, the M5 brings a bit more happiness to a weird period (and much much worse for some). I don’t see why you lot shouldn’t drive, you must drink milk? Im not sure there is a rule against driving the scenic route for esssentials.

The way I see it, if you leave your home, you must have a legitimate reason to do it (the posts on here suggest you all fall into that category) so how and what you drive afterward is a car thing not a COVID thing. Forum posters tend to have immaculate polished modded M5s....it makes people happy to see these cars.

J11sek - yes NW rural surrounded by little towns. You probably appreciate an M5 can’t stretch it’s legs up here anyway. You run out of road in seconds. I’m looking to track when this is over, i’ll just need a bit of advice....a family friend tracked his new 911 to give it a whirl and one day cost 3 grand.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #15
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry if I’ve posted and sound sympathetic to the scum who haven’t respected lockdown. I’m definitely not signed up to that, I just need to travel and when I do, the M5 brings a bit more happiness to a weird period (and much much worse for some). I don’t see why you lot shouldn’t drive, you must drink milk? Im not sure there is a rule against driving the scenic route for esssentials.

The way I see it, if you leave your home, you must have a legitimate reason to do it (the posts on here suggest you all fall into that category) so how and what you drive afterward is a car thing not a COVID thing. Forum posters tend to have immaculate polished modded M5s....it makes people happy to see these cars.

J11sek - yes NW rural surrounded by little towns. You probably appreciate an M5 can’t stretch it’s legs up here anyway. You run out of road in seconds. I’m looking to track when this is over, i’ll just need a bit of advice....a family friend tracked his new 911 to give it a whirl and one day cost 3 grand.
I totally agree with you about the driving, why not take the scenic route to the supermarket, the power crazy coppers don't seem to like it though.
I know if I had to travel and had the choice of 2 cars I would definitely be taking the M5, why not.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #16
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I totally agree with you about the driving, why not take the scenic route to the supermarket, the power crazy coppers don't seem to like it though.
I know if I had to travel and had the choice of 2 cars I would definitely be taking the M5, why not.
Well it's confirmed, YOU CAN drive to a destination to exercise (social distancing) as long as your only with family members.... So long as you have a destination planned (in case of a pull from the police) you can theoretically go anywhere to use as a form of exercise!
Not sure Boris is right to do this, but feel he's damned whatever decision he takes..... I will be going for runs in the M5 with the family to exercise with the kids, but ensuring wherever we go is quiet and make sure we stay away from EVERYBODY! Let's hope this doesn't cause a new spike in 2-3 weeks from now... : I fear it may well do...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #17
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

I am 100% sure sure spike number 2 is about 4 weeks away
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 08:25 AM   #18
Dwaynos
Captain