M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-05-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
roscopeeco
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

New tires and TPMS malfunction

My car is not reading the new tire pressures. These are wheels i bought on this forum and was told they had the TPMS. Do I need to program something in the cars computer?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopeeco View Post
My car is not reading the new tire pressures. These are wheels i bought on this forum and was told they had the TPMS. Do I need to program something in the cars computer?

Thanks
Did you do the reset on the on board computer? Go to vehicle settings, TPMS and hit reset. It will tell you to drive while they reset. They should reset within a few minutes of driving you will see them pop up on the screen. Also make sure you have the right ones for your build date:
Attached Images

'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
roscopeeco
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Thanks for the response . I tried that. It says something about parking the car with the engine on. How do you put it in park while the engine is on without using the E Brake?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopeeco View Post
Thanks for the response . I tried that. It says something about parking the car with the engine on. How do you put it in park while the engine is on without using the E Brake?
Shut the car off, the car will go into park. Re start the car and dont touch the shifter it will stay in park without the E brake on.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0