M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
700_weapon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Stage 2 F10 M5, M2 Comp

BM3 Stage 2 AGG

Anyone else running this tune? Asking if the 'gunshots' are okay and not going to mess my turbos up?
They are a lot louder then expected and i do love it so want to keep this map as long as it's not going to damage anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700_weapon View Post
Anyone else running this tune? Asking if the 'gunshots' are okay and not going to mess my turbos up?
They are a lot louder then expected and i do love it so want to keep this map as long as it's not going to damage anything.
I was wondering the same thing.
      06-05-2019, 07:18 PM   #3
GAINZ
Frozen M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

Quote:
I'm running it right now as well and it's fun at times but really fucking annoying and disturbing with my fully catless meisterschaft setup...its like an AK47 going full auto at an indoor range.

90% of the time I feel bad/guilty because people get scared...especially in the evenings when the roads are quiet and you drive through neighborhoods where people are walking around with and without dogs/kids.

If you don't shift smoothly or avoid loading up a gear and then dumping the accelerator be prepared to hear gunshots.

I like the stage 2 mild burble tune and think of it as the perfect compromise plus it sounds reallllly good and aggressive without any gunshots...just loud and feel burbles 💪🏻
F10 Comp M5 - Frozen Cashmere Silver/Sakhir Orange | Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser |Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Macht Schnell 12mm & 10mm Spacers | AMS Catless Downpipes | Meisterschaft GTC + LXR Pipe | BM3 Stage 2 |
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2019, 04:07 AM   #4
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAINZ View Post
I'm running it right now as well and it's fun at times but really fucking annoying and disturbing with my fully catless meisterschaft setup...its like an AK47 going full auto at an indoor range.

90% of the time I feel bad/guilty because people get scared...especially in the evenings when the roads are quiet and you drive through neighborhoods where people are walking around with and without dogs/kids.

If you don't shift smoothly or avoid loading up a gear and then dumping the accelerator be prepared to hear gunshots.

I like the stage 2 mild burble tune and think of it as the perfect compromise plus it sounds reallllly good and aggressive without any gunshots...just loud and feel burbles 💪🏻
Lol thanks for your feedback, ive noticed the m5 f90 seems to have gunshots a lot
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
700_weapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAINZ View Post

I prefer the AGG map, not sure why but the regular Stage 2 93 runs bit lumpy for me. The BETA is nice but you can definitely feel less torque, been running the AGG map for over a month now daily, no issues what so ever. I have requested a custom map from Halim though so waiting on him.

I have M1 set to Sport/Sport/Comfort/DSC/D2 and it doesn't let of the gunshots, with M2 set to Sports Plus/Sports Plus/Sports Plus/MDM/S3 you obviously have the freedom to choose if you want to hear them or not.
For now i'm enjoying this map!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

The AGG map will affect the life of things by how much who knows but trust me these bangs shockwaving up into the motor and turbos are not going to do any good in the long run

Also the agg map can result in less power
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #7
Chaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

How come most of the members of this forum are concerned with things like exhaust sound and "burbles" and not actually pushing their builds to produce real performance?
Appreciate 3
      06-06-2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaman View Post
How come most of the members of this forum are concerned with things like exhaust sound and "burbles" and not actually pushing their builds to produce real performance?
Its turning into a boys m3 forum
Appreciate 3
      06-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #9
Smokey550ims
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Comp Pkg

I feel your pain, but there's a place for everyone to gain knowledge from other's successes or mistakes.
I am here to share and gain knowledge about performance improvements; what works and what doesn't. Burbles and aftermarket heat generating air filters for sound does not correspond to improved performance.
I have a 2014 M5 CP with just a BM3 Stage 1 93 OTS, charcoal filters delete, everything else stock. MPS4S tires (11.40 ET @ 124.53 mph), with stock plugs and coils. 67K miles; No issues at all. I will change to NGK plugs soon, and try again. I expect a low 11's.
Has anyone tried the BM3 Stage 1 93 BETA?
What was the outcome compared to the original BM3 Stage 1 93 OTS? If possible HP, Torque, 1/4 mile times would be great.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Motorsports View Post
The AGG map will affect the life of things by how much who knows but trust me these bangs shockwaving up into the motor and turbos are not going to do any good in the long run

Also the agg map can result in less power
Here is my feed back. I ran the AGG Burble tune to just see how it was and the gunshots were cool for a weekend and then got annoying and I did feel bad as well for people around me. Yes you can control them pending your RPM.
One thing I did notice was the car started and idled rougher than the mild burble tune. Just in general I felt the mild burble tune was crisper and throttle response was better. I feel there is a power loss or at least a response loss with the AGG tune. Just for my own education purposes I raced again against my friends car (not going to name the type of car because it may spark controversy in the topic and I don't want this thread to get sidelined) with the AGG and Mild tunes. The Mild tune I had him by about 4 to 5 cars, the AGG tune I only had him by 1.5. With the AGG tune he was able to get about 1 car lead on at the beginning of the roll, with the mild tune I got the 1 car lead on him at the beginning of the roll; indicating to me that the mild tune has better immediate throttle response.
I know everyone will have their opinions on this, but I truly do feel my car is healthier with out the AGG burbles. Maybe its in the timing, less fuel overrun, less backpressure on the turbo & motor, etc.
Just my 2cents guys.
      06-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

100% I feel the same and was also told by the guy who makes these tunes a power loss is possible

Stick with the mild burble people it’s faster and healthier for your car
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #12
700_weapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
100% I feel the same and was also told by the guy who makes these tunes a power loss is possible

Stick with the mild burble people it’s faster and healthier for your car
I was told by PTF it's the same power only difference is the burble lol.
Switched to the mild burble earlier and i swear the revs were going mad on idle, they did settle down after a while though. Will try it for a few days and see how i get on.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 01:44 AM   #13
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Its turning into a boys m3 forum
i said the same thing on an 8 page thread on "how to blackout the chrome on the doorhandles"

needless to say i made some panties get bunched up .."why dont you go to the chiron forum big baller" was my fav. lol

but its true, the price has dropped enough now that this forum is in the middle of a turnover to the dice in the mirror, rim and caliper painting crowd

f10 is my fav but im moving to an f90 asap
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 01:51 AM   #14
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
because what happened to the e46 m3 that made them so valuable today is happening..
they are being bought up by 20 year olds that desecrate them. can barely afford payment much less maintenance
so nowadays if you have an e46 m3 that hasn't been pimped out, you have a very rare thing, and valuable.

just hold onto the f10m5 and keep the miles down. a pristine example will be rare to come by and turn valuable soon enough
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #15
Chaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

It’s just wild to me...akrapovic exhaust...8k, forged rods/pistons 5k ...seems no brainer to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 02:47 AM   #16
yagga121
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
I was told by PTF it's the same power only difference is the burble lol.
Switched to the mild burble earlier and i swear the revs were going mad on idle, they did settle down after a while though. Will try it for a few days and see how i get on.
Version 2.2. was doing the same on my car, had to revert back to the older version, much better . It was doing my head in when in slow rolling traffic revving at over 1k rpm and pull up to junctions waiting for the revs to die down.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #17
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I would recommend the agg map with catless downpipes only

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #18
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
because what happened to the e46 m3 that made them so valuable today is happening..
they are being bought up by 20 year olds that desecrate them. can barely afford payment much less maintenance
so nowadays if you have an e46 m3 that hasn't been pimped out, you have a very rare thing, and valuable.

just hold onto the f10m5 and keep the miles down. a pristine example will be rare to come by and turn valuable soon enough
Ur just an old fart lol
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 03:54 AM   #19
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ur just an old fart lol
old fart, wise young man, same difference lol
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 07:38 PM   #20
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
It’s just wild to me...akrapovic exhaust...8k, forged rods/pistons 5k ...seems no brainer to me.
forged rods/pistons $5k? Where?

But yea, I hear ya. Stock exhaust w/ dp's, is just fine for me. I'm not there yet (waiting out my CPO) but when it's time, this will be a very stock looking M5.