BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Coding ventilated seats, position 3

Hey guys, I coded my seats in the past for better ventilation. Although I don't feel much of a difference it's there. I believe it pulls from the ac so the cooler the ac is blowing the colder the air the ventilated seats are pulling from.

My question is, I hate that the system kicks down from position 3 down to 2 after awhile. Has anyone figured out the coding value to change so the system will stay on position 3 unless changed? Or just stay in the position you set it to?

Thanks!
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

My 14 stays on whatever setting until I change it, before coding and after. Maybe something wrong with the button or controller for your driver seat.

Try passenger seat and see if it changes or stays the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
My 14 stays on whatever setting until I change it, before coding and after. Maybe something wrong with the button or controller for your driver seat.

Try passenger seat and see if it changes or stays the same.
They both do it, after like 15 min or so it drops one notch.

Found this in the manual. Wish there was a way to stop it from dropping down one notch.
http://www.bavarianmw.com/guide-2433.html
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF

Last edited by SapphireM5; 09-10-2019 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

My owners manual says the same thing in different wording. Hmmm...

Well the coding parameters for the three settings are in terms of degrees C as I recall, possibly it kicks down after it reaches the temperature set for the position 3 setting. I have mine lowered through coding, and I doubt it ever reaches that temp or I haven't noticed it kicking down to setting 2. I'll revisit the coding when I get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #5
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
My owners manual says the same thing in different wording. Hmmm...

Well the coding parameters for the three settings are in terms of degrees C as I recall, possibly it kicks down after it reaches the temperature set for the position 3 setting. I have mine lowered through coding, and I doubt it ever reaches that temp or I haven't noticed it kicking down to setting 2. I'll revisit the coding when I get a chance.
You could be right. Yesterday I got home and I lowered the temps to the lowest setting for position 3. I'll see if that changes anything next time I take the car out.

Also found out we have park ventilation in our cars!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0