M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

05-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
kkhkli97
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

F10 DCT Help

Hi guys this is a repost! I just picked up my 2014 F10 M5 with 32k miles a couple months ago, love the car but notice a small transmission issue during low speeds, I hope the video goes through. When I am creeping around in a parking lot or in slow stop and go traffic. The DCT downshifts weird from 3rd to 2nd, sometimes it blips its throttle to like 1500 rpm to downshift and sometimes it doesn't, and also sometimes when it is creeping at slow speeds and I come to a slow stop, it keeps on blipping its throttle like it is looking for a gear to get in to. Kind of like how in manuals you keep on giving a little bit of gas to get in gear. It only does it from 3rd to 2nd I don't notice it in any other gears. I don't think it's the clutch, the car is still under 38k miles and it was serviced through BMW N Scottsdale it's entire life. Another reason why I don't think it is hardware is because in Manual mode it upshifts and downshifts perfectly fine, in its most aggressive shift mode there is no slippage at all it shifts really fast and crisp. Do you guys think a software update or clutch readapt will solve the issue? My previous car a W218 CLS63 AMG had kind of a similar issue, it uses a MCT so the dealer readapted the wet clutch and everything was smooth. Anyone with similar issues?
In the video below, I was just letting the car creep very slow, no throttle was given by me, I was slowing down, it does it most often when it just upshift and but then the car needs to slow down, like it is looking for a gear to get into. I know DCTs are a bit jerky at slow speeds just wondering if anyone has similar issues or experience and if there are any solutions. Anything would help, thank you all. I did see a couple posts where people did a clutch readapt and software update, just wondering if that might help

Appreciate 2
M5_Raz514.00
M5Rick59985.00
      05-19-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I'd try the clutch re adapt/software update first before anything else.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
kkhkli97
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Is the dealership the only ones who could do that?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 09:21 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhkli97 View Post
Is the dealership the only ones who could do that?
A Canadian guy did it himself with a meter (can't remember name) but if you take to BMW ask how much, b/c ''stealership''

*Wait,the guys name was Bingly or something like that, sorry that's all I remember.

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-21-2021 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0