M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-18-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
iDriftYou
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP 6 Speed

Roadtop CarPlay MMI Issues

Hey guys, so I recently purchased a 13 F10 M5, my 2018 f80 has CarPlay and I wanted the same setup on the f10 because I bought it to daily drive. I purchased the roadtop kit, followed the instructions and ran into one issue. [IMG][/IMG]

I thought it was a defective box so I sent it back got a new one, same exact issue. I've messed with the toggle switches, etc nothing seems to work. The UI for the box works great, super clear and looks fantastic, the factory system display look like this regardless of what settings I use. My car is equipped with B&O, would this cause the issue? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #2
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Interesting. To me, looks like a wire connection issue. maybe one or two of the pins are not sitting properly or if there is any adapter quadlock plug that is not sitting properly.
Appreciate 0