M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

02-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
bennyM5
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2005 E60 M5  [0.00]
Problem battery

Hi guys I have a question:
on my 2012 m5 I retrofitted with a dear friend , nbt evo, zgw, frm, kafas 2, ful led headlights.
everything works perfectly.
I replaced the battery because it was old, and the new one even if correctly coded, every time I open the door in the
kombi I see the red writing "replace the battery!" or sometimes "motor unit continue with caution!" but at ignition no failure.
the start stop works well.
in diagnosis there is nothing written, always the same messages related to the 2 dme manipulated to map them.
what should I see to understand where the problem lies ....
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 06:08 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If battery gives a healthy start then there's nothing wrong with it obviously and the false indication may lie in possible coding that was done previously with the add on's you did.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

The IBS Intelligent Battery Sensor which is integrated into the battery cable may be faulty and needs replacement. The car needs 3 hours in sleep mode for data to be gathered on battery health so other than a bad battery you may have

Bad IBS or
Car isn't going to sleep (retrofits?)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 01:52 AM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

If certain modules detect a weak battery, things will stop working to save power. My battery would start the engine no problem but my start stop didn't work all the time and my cooling fans rarely came on after I stopped.

Many customers that come in with strange faults end up needing a new battery. Most vehicles are the same.

We had a lady come in with a Mercedes Benz, her complaint was that when she put the car in drive It was still in park. Turned out to be the battery, replaced and problem solved.
Appreciate 0