Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #45
filip75
Facetious
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
For me personally I sold my E90 in July and have saved quite a bit of money. I don't have a car (just my beater truck) and I don't want to wait. Apparently there are a lot of us willing to do it otherwise there wouldn't be any pre-orders / lines.

Same thing here. Since I work overseas, I sold my car almost 2 years ago and only ride my bikes when I come home. Now I will head home for good and want to treat myself
      02-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #46
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
I suppose the question would be why anyone would pay (more) to play early. That's just silly. But to each his own.
I really only agree with your last statement.

it also rings true in this case. I cant understand why anyone would buy an m3 for 90k like you are doing.

what makes sense to some, doesn't for others. as long as you get what you like
      02-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #47
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This is true. The demand is extremely high, especially in Europe and other countries.
      02-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #48
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I really only agree with your last statement.

it also rings true in this case. I cant understand why anyone would buy an m3 for 90k like you are doing.

what makes sense to some, doesn't for others. as long as you get what you like
True, that.

But to be more specific in my statement and to crystallize the difference, there's no other way to get an M4 spec'd like mine for less.. whereas if you call a different dealer (out of state for example) or just wait a little, then you can get the exact same car for less (assuming you are paying over MSRP to get it early at your local dealer). As an example, the GTR at release was over MSRP even in the larger markets. However, if you went through Costco (I know, crazy) they would sell it at MSRP. Hence, I still think ppl are wasting money paying over MSRP if you can get the same thing for less.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Ok, but the discussion was about paying MSRP in order to get the car early, not paying over MSRP. We are talking about people who got on waitlists early because they want or need the car this year and are now finalizing orders at MSRP. Nothing wrong with it, right?

There may be some people out there working deals at over MSRP now, but if so, it's only because they lacked foresight to get in line early and are now scrambling. Whether its because they have a need or are just caught up in the hype, I don't think there's much debate that a person doing this - if anyone is - is not acting in the most intelligent manner. The cars are widely available at MSRP, so paying more than that is just throwing money away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
True, that.

But to be more specific in my statement and to crystallize the difference, there's no other way to get an M4 spec'd like mine for less.. whereas if you call a different dealer (out of state for example) or just wait a little, then you can get the exact same car for less (assuming you are paying over MSRP to get it early at your local dealer). As an example, the GTR at release was over MSRP even in the larger markets. However, if you went through Costco (I know, crazy) they would sell it at MSRP. Hence, I still think ppl are wasting money paying over MSRP if you can get the same thing for less.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #50
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

I wonder if the allocation release will have an effect on that? If places are getting only 1 or 2 a month, and you are #6 on the list, then that could be a bit of a wait.

I still haven't heard back from my dealer what his allocation is...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #51
changw1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT, 2010 Evo

Since there are more interest in M4 versus M3, are people getting better luck in securing a sedan order?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #52
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by changw1 View Post
Since there are more interest in M4 versus M3, are people getting better luck in securing a sedan order?
Interest among forum members is essentially split 50/50:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=947277

Have you heard differently in other circles?

In any case, I would not assume that the coupe will be more popular among the larger buying community. It is true that the M3 sedan has not sold as well as the coupe in either of the previous two generations where it was offered, but we may see a change this time. The size of the car is now large enough to serve as a family sedan. As such, since it falls into roughly the same price range as the 535i (which is now larger than what many require for a family sedan), it makes a good case for itself. The name change of the coupe will also possibly play a role, giving the sedan the brand recognition advantage. Finally there is the subjective matter of styling, an area which many appear to give the M3 the nod to vs. the M4.

Now, I have no idea how the number of allocations of each compare. But if anything, I'd guess BMW NA went conservative on the sedan in light of last generation's numbers, so the supply of cars isn't likely to favor M3 buyers either.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #53
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by changw1 View Post
The first sedan is still available at my dealer AFAIK.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #54
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

It's March now. Will we hear about allocation number this week?
Appreciate 0