M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

12-31-2020, 10:01 PM   #1
nencmeister
Private
Rep
Drives: Model X Plaid

Installed aftermarket iNAV screen

Hello all,

Just got this bad boy in, absolute amazing deal.

Was really easy to install, happy to type up a guide

https://4x4shop.ca/product/bmw-5-ser...sb-multimedia/

Surprisingly this car was one of the easiest headunits to install on all of my cars.

Now here's the kicker.. THE SOUND WON'T WORK on "android mode"

So you retain all of the stock features, you won't notice anything different besides a much much better screen. 2.7k HD LG touch screen, fast, smooth, bright... butter.

You press the nav key and it takes you to Android Mode, where you can use Apple Car play, Android Drive and you can install pretty much any app under the sun.

This thread is kind of a question / review of sorts because my sound doesn't work on android mode, only on stock mode. I have the B&O option on my car, has anyone installed this with a B&O? Their support is completely trash. They told me they would call me and they did not, I am pretty upset about that. I would suggest buying it from the US distro if you guys were interested, not from these Canadian guys, they are a joke.. but the product is theoretically everything we want. Wifi, fully customizable etc..

Anyone install this on an M5 with a B&O and got it to work?

Cheers and happy new year!!!
      01-01-2021, 10:04 AM   #2
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
I’ve been running this setup in a 2015 M5 with B&O - everything works flawlessly. Mine would be different than yours in that I have NBT as opposed to your CIC. Contact tech and they’ll steer you in the right direction to get the sound working.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #3
nencmeister
Private
Rep

Thank you! I’m glad it actually works! I might have the NBT version, I have to check.

Cheers

PS: there support is very frustrating, no answer and they told me they would call me back they didn’t. Sorry have to whine a bit
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 10:10 PM   #4
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
I didn’t pay for live tech, I just emailed them. Their responses were always direct, timely, and thorough. Maybe try that route? Never took more than 12hrs for a response.

Either way, sounds like a simple setting change is all you need. This is one of my favorite mods on this car!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #5
nencmeister
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
I didn’t pay for live tech, I just emailed them. Their responses were always direct, timely, and thorough. Maybe try that route? Never took more than 12hrs for a response.

Either way, sounds like a simple setting change is all you need. This is one of my favorite mods on this car!
Absolutely it has everything I need. Looks perfect on paper, a few glitches here And there. I like to listen to my music via USB iPhone connection, especially on the B&O you can notice the differences, I don’t think you can use this with their CarPlay, but on my VWs CarPlay it works just fine via usb.

I changed the mode to CIC on the headunit still no sound. I’m sure they will sort it out Monday.

Thanks again for the hope haha. Would have to hate to send back the package to Canada then the back and forth etc.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
JLKCRUZR
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5 & 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
What options did you pick? I see they have a ton of choice and add-ons which runs up the cost pretty quick. But when I see the current price vs. retail price even with some additional selections it looks like a pretty good deal.

I'm about a 20 minute drive from their location so I'm looking at seeing what they will charge for an in-person install, as opposed to DIY, if I move forward.

Definitely sucks about their lack of support as it is so important for a DIY kit.

Thanks for posting!
Appreciate 1
Beast27358.00
      04-18-2021, 08:08 AM   #7
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
This seems like a similar unit maybe some of the install steps might apply and help you out.

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0