M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

10-22-2021, 03:21 AM   #1
CaLzA
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Is my iDrive up to date?

Sorry guys, new here and just trying to get my car up to scratch. I downloaded the bin file from BMW last night and did what I think was a succesful update, but the versions don't totally match the guide and BMW are still saying updates are available:

find duplicate words in text file online
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Were you able to see the version before attempting the update? Also, I think the process is pretty particular about the drive being fat32 file system as well as the placement of the file on the usb drive.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 05:17 AM   #3
CaLzA
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I forgot to take a photo. I was using exFAT format and it was the only file on the stick (in the root).

I used the same drive to update maps so happy the car is in some way capable of reading it!
Appreciate 0