BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-22-2021, 06:25 AM   #1
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335D

Front splitter options.

Has anyone got a front splitter on their car they can post a picture off. I'm trying to decide my style preference.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 04:57 AM   #2
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Yes, I researched mine for a long time and I love mine it goes across the entire front and curls up at the ends and I used the double sided tape and it comes with screws and I got larger ones and screwed it into the base of my bumper and it makes a huge difference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60013.50
      12-08-2021, 06:12 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Holy Moly that wouldn't last a day in London thanks to our tfl and council ruling barstewards that F* the roads up with humps,kerbs and many traffic islands.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #4
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Holy Moly that wouldn't last a day in London thanks to our tfl and council ruling barstewards that F* the roads up with humps,kerbs and many traffic islands.
Yep I understand if this was my daily driver it would be hard to keep in Houston as well but I keep her for the weekends only
2013 BMW F10 M5, Moonstone Metallic, 700whp, stage 2 tune, fully straight piped - catless downpipes - resonator delete and fabspeed muffler delete, cold air intake and many more cosmetic mods. | '92 525i (long gone) | '02 Dinan M5 (sadly gone) | '06 Dinan M3 (also sadly gone)
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdeion21 View Post
Quote:
Yep I understand if this was my daily driver it would be hard to keep in Houston as well but I keep her for the weekends only
Quote:
Quote:
I like that one. Your lowered too what's the clearance
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #6
PB-32
Private
Rep
Drives: B6 S4, B8.5 S4, F10 M5

Here is a before and after. I like this splitter because it's a little more low profile.. feels like the needed something to fill in the gap and this fit perfectly. From ********
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #7
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep

Looks tidy too. A bit more subtle. Which make is that one?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #8
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesetoastie View Post
The splitter he has is often available as it is the one I'm trying to think of the brand but it's all put on by adhesive and it's the main one they first made for these cars that fills in the gap they are seemingly missing on our cars… just like the rear diffuser in the rear how it looks like it's missig the middle which is why my new one has all the fins in the middle
2013 BMW F10 M5, Moonstone Metallic, 700whp, stage 2 tune, fully straight piped - catless downpipes - resonator delete and fabspeed muffler delete, cold air intake and many more cosmetic mods. | '92 525i (long gone) | '02 Dinan M5 (sadly gone) | '06 Dinan M3 (also sadly gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 06:36 PM   #9
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like that one. Your lowered too what's the clearance
1inch lower than stock in the front and .5
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 12:04 AM   #10
PB-32
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's the center lip spoiler from r w carbon (one word)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #11
PB-32
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The splitter he has is often available as it is the one I'm trying to think of the brand but it's all put on by adhesive and it's the main one they first made for these cars that fills in the gap they are seemingly missing on our cars… just like the rear diffuser in the rear how it looks like it's missig the middle which is why my new one has all the fins in the middle
yes there is adhesive but I have two screws on the bottom of mine. Perfect fitment and it hasn't moved a centimeter since install. I actually just order a new one today (they're on sale) because my wife drove too close to a parking block while parking and cracked the existing one lol
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #12
C-dub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Frozen White F10 M5 Comp

If you do get a front lip, it's good insurance to get the Bimmertech front view camera. I have it, and I'd guess it's saved me a couple times already. I think the camera setup is less than the cost of replacing a lip or refinishing the bumper if you don't have a lip to sacrifice.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 02:59 PM   #13
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-32 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
yes there is adhesive but I have two screws on the bottom of mine. Perfect fitment and it hasn't moved a centimeter since install. I actually just order a new one today (they're on sale) because my wife drove too close to a parking block while parking and cracked the existing one lol
Have you got a link?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #14
cheesetoastie
Private First Class
Rep

The camera sounds a good idea but it's. A minefield which ones to look at
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 12:09 AM   #15
kjdeion21
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M40i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you got a link?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you got a link?
Yes, anyone have the link or know the brand? I can't recall recall it… yeah I just think adding that front camera is excessive… I'd rather get Apple CarPlay upgrade!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 10:46 PM   #16
edylcreyob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition F80

Quote:
I ordered the same one from RW Carbon some months ago and it arrived down under today looks great and a quick trial fit shows a perfect fitment.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 05:46 PM   #17
PB-32
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edylcreyob View Post
Quote:
I ordered the same one from RW Carbon some months ago and it arrived down under today looks great and a quick trial fit shows a perfect fitment.
Funny enough I ordered a second one because my first one got damaged by me and it came in today. Just installed the new one and I couldn't be happier!
Appreciate 0