M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

03-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Coding for better ventilated / heated seats worth it?

Hey guys, I found a local coder to make some changes to my M. I have been looking into the Bimmercode app and it seems like I can do everything I want with the app for about 1/3 the price. The only thing I can not figure out is the better ventilated and heated seats. My local coder said he can make the seats much more cooler and warmer. So, looking for opinions on members who may have had this coding, did you notice a big difference in the seat performance? Or maybe someone can show me how to do the coding myself through bimmercode app to adjust them temps.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

I believe you can code stuff manually in the bimmercode app that isn’t on the built in lists, and I’ve seen the values to code for the seat heat/cool in online cheat sheets. I’ve not got around to trying these changes so I can’t comment on how effective they are but summer is coming and I could be happier with the cooling so I may try it out eventually, but using esys instead of bimmercode to do the coding. I doubt it is worth paying anyone to do this for, especially because you probably have to try out a few different values in the real world and you don’t want to go back for recoding.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #3
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
I believe you can code stuff manually in the bimmercode app that isn’t on the built in lists, and I’ve seen the values to code for the seat heat/cool in online cheat sheets. I’ve not got around to trying these changes so I can’t comment on how effective they are but summer is coming and I could be happier with the cooling so I may try it out eventually, but using esys instead of bimmercode to do the coding. I doubt it is worth paying anyone to do this for, especially because you probably have to try out a few different values in the real world and you don’t want to go back for recoding.
Thanks Bud, when I go in the Demo mode of the bimmercode app I cant find the values to change but not really sure what they should be. I dont want to screw anything up, so I would go with the app if it wasnt worth the seat coding. But it sounds like guys have noticed a difference, my car is getting some work done now Ill see if they can give me a price to code it. I found a local guy who is an hour away, but its 170 bucks for the coding, and unlimited coding for as long as I own the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

The keys to lookup/change for seat heating and cooling are listed in this page:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=682664

I verified that they exist in my 2014 LCI M5, which has the two front seat SM modules (SM [6d], and SM [6e]). For some reason, these show up differently named in different software. In E-Sys (SM), but in ISTA+ they are SMFA and SMBF. It doesn't matter though, since you can't edit in ISTA+.

The web page I linked doesn't mention that there are seperate seat modules for the front seats, but the keys listed appear in both modules.

I think all that setting a lower temperature for the seat cooler is going to do is determine when the fan turns off or maybe how fast it will turn based on the temperature difference between measured temperature and the temp set for that level (1, 2, or 3). I haven't tried this yet myself.

Definitely you want bi-level vent setting or lower to get the cold air down to bottom of the seat to get some real cooling.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:

I verified that they exist in my 2014 LCI M5, which has the two front seat SM modules (SM [6d], and SM [6e]). For some reason, these show up differently named in different software. In E-Sys (SM), but in ISTA+ they are SMFA and SMBF. It doesn't matter though, since you can't edit in ISTA+.

The web page I linked doesn't mention that there are seperate seat modules for the front seats, but the keys listed appear in both modules.

I think all that setting a lower temperature for the seat cooler is going to do is determine when the fan turns off or maybe how fast it will turn based on the temperature difference between measured temperature and the temp set for that level (1, 2, or 3). I haven't tried this yet myself.

Definitely you want bi-level vent setting or lower to get the cold air down to bottom of the seat to get some real cooling.
Thanks bud I'll give it a shot ordered my OBDII scanner today.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #6
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:

if you want your seat fan not go from level 3 to level 2 (i think it's 10min)
code this:
SMD/P -->3008 SITZKLIMA-->SKL_ZEIT_ST3_NACH_ST2

change it from 'were_10' to 'night_aktiv'

it will stay on level 3 until you change it