M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

08-03-2019, 01:20 AM   #1
TurboLlew
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90) | Alfa Romeo 4C

Leather Clean & Treatment: Gyeon

Thought I would share experience with Gyeon leather care. Leather has 130000km on it and this is the family car.

I stupidly didn't take before pics, but it had become fairly shiny. Anyway, here we go. This is the third application of Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield (I topped up at 6 months and this is now 1 year after initial application) and I've done several of my other cars with this little bottle. It does go a long way and I am sure a pro could stretch it out even further.

I used the Gyeon Leather Cleaner Strong with a Mother's detailing brush on the leather. This removed quite a bit of dirt (but not dye) as you can see. This is AFTER normally cleaning the seat so it did unseat quite a lot of ingrained dirt.

I notice that many want the product to smell like 'leather' (or whatever chemicals are used to treat nappa anyway)... Just bear in mind this product smells nothing like "Leather" when applying it and has no scent (not that I've noticed anyway) once cured.

After cleaning, the seat is restored to its almost factory matte finish.

After coating, it almost looks identical to the cleaned state (very 'clean' and matte) but has insane hydrophobic properties which you need when you have two kids like mine... It is slippery the first time you sit on it, but this goes away whilst the properties remain.

Appreciate 0