M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

01-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #67
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

Using Bimmerlink (sister app of Bimmercode) I can control (not code) the electronic exhaust flaps on my wife's F48. I cannot code it permanently using either Bimmercode or Bimmerlink. To be honest other than black exhaust remnants on the tailpipe I have not noticed any other material differences. Yes cold start is a tad bit louder but that's it. Both of us are light footed unless we track but not these cars.

I cannot do this mod on my F10. It doesn't work that way since it's not electronically controlled but managed by a vacuum valve. This is also why I can manually push the pin to open in my M5; unlike the F48. In the F10 M5 I have noticed a bigger rumble when the flaps are modded open (read: zip tied open). I went back undoing it as I noticed they open when I put the car is Sport or Sport plus. They remain closed in comfort below 4500 rpm-ish which is exactly what I want.

Hope this helps!

To address this head on a F10 M5 you need a mechanical method like zip tie or similar to keep them open. No electronic control will do here.
      10-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #68
numpsay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i, 2014 528i, 2017 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasoneo5 View Post
Anyone know if its possible to disable the A/C from automatically turning on everytime I start the car?
Revising an little bit of an old thread. Does anyone have an answer to the quoted question using Bimmercode?
Thanks,
numpsay
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #69
numpsay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i, 2014 528i, 2017 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasoneo5 View Post
Anyone know if its possible to disable the A/C from automatically turning on everytime I start the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by numpsay View Post
Revising an little bit of an old thread. Does anyone have an answer to the quoted question using Bimmercode?
Thanks,
numpsay
Never mind. It finally started working. AC no longer comes on when the car starts even though it was OFF when the car was turned off.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #70
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

I have this also selected. In my observations it maintains the AC selection memory if the car has been turned off just a short time. If it's more than 15 mins or so it resets and the AC turns on with start as default.

Check it out and see if that happens. If not maybe it's just my car?
      01-09-2022, 08:26 PM   #71
Rodders2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSooFast View Post
Using Bimmerlink (sister app of Bimmercode) I can control (not code) the electronic exhaust flaps on my wife's F48. I cannot code it permanently using either Bimmercode or Bimmerlink. To be honest other than black exhaust remnants on the tailpipe I have not noticed any other material differences. Yes cold start is a tad bit louder but that's it. Both of us are light footed unless we track but not these cars.

I cannot do this mod on my F10. It doesn't work that way since it's not electronically controlled but managed by a vacuum valve. This is also why I can manually push the pin to open in my M5; unlike the F48. In the F10 M5 I have noticed a bigger rumble when the flaps are modded open (read: zip tied open). I went back undoing it as I noticed they open when I put the car is Sport or Sport plus. They remain closed in comfort below 4500 rpm-ish which is exactly what I want.

Hope this helps!

To address this head on a F10 M5 you need a mechanical method like zip tie or similar to keep them open. No electronic control will do here.
I too was trying to configure/code the flaps open.

I was pulling F203 fuse, but this throws error code x2 and prevents me from resetting service logs with BimmerLink.

As result I opted to use BimmerCode to change default driving mode to “Sport Individual”. By doing this, the car can be changed between the Engine, Tranny, Steering and Ride to settings I want via the Sport Individual settings. So you could literally be Sport Plus on Engine and comfort all the other settings or not. I expect doing this will keep flaps open on cold start without using BimmerLink.

Too bad we don’t have the M buttons.

Motor On!
Appreciate 0