M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-28-2021, 01:32 AM   #1
bear55
Registered
1
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Califonia

iTrader: (0)

VANOS motor problem?

My car is 2012, 92000km, oil change every 5-6000 km

Got the below codes
133711 Intake valves 2 adaptation air mass flow: lower limit position reached
102902 Air mass 2, plausibility: air mass too low
for DME2 a few months back, no CEL, cleared it and they comes back randomly.

It happened when the car stops (at traffic light or idle for a short time). RPM will drop to 500 or below and it will go back to normal after a few seconds, or just stall sometimes. This is what happened when codes came out. After that idle will be a little rough, rpm will be a little higher when stopping, and the exhaust sound deeper.

Replaced both pre-cat O2, replace MAF, clean and swap solenoids, replaced coils and plugs. Codes still come back

Need some input, thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 06:02 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61365
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear55 View Post
My car is 2012, 92000km, oil change every 5-6000 km

Got the below codes
133711 Intake valves 2 adaptation air mass flow: lower limit position reached
102902 Air mass 2, plausibility: air mass too low
for DME2 a few months back, no CEL, cleared it and they comes back randomly.

It happened when the car stops (at traffic light or idle for a short time). RPM will drop to 500 or below and it will go back to normal after a few seconds, or just stall sometimes. This is what happened when codes came out. After that idle will be a little rough, rpm will be a little higher when stopping, and the exhaust sound deeper.

Replaced both pre-cat O2, replace MAF, clean and swap solenoids, replaced coils and plugs. Codes still come back

Need some input, thanks in advance
Could be the cold start flaps engaging.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:59 PM   #3
WH1TE_M5
Registered
WH1TE_M5's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Did you figure this out ?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 05:08 AM   #4
isjm91
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

I have this exact same problem now. did you manage to find out what was the issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 06:06 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61365
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Remove and check both air filters, often forgotten and if black against the sun then replace them.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 08:59 AM   #6
isjm91
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Remove and check both air filters, often forgotten and if black against the sun then replace them.
Thanks for the advice. Do you mean the air intake filters?


My fault codes says 133711: valve tronic 2 eccentric shaft adaptation, lower stop reached
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 11:56 AM   #7
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61365
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isjm91 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Do you mean the air intake filters?


My fault codes says 133711: valve tronic 2 eccentric shaft adaptation, lower stop reached
Yes, if intake filters are dirty/partially blocked then revs would drop in some instances, it's worth clearing this first before going deeper.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 03:49 AM   #8
Kyriakos84
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: GERMANY

iTrader: (0)

I have the same Codes. The CEL light pops up sometimes After 800km of driving . No issues with boost . Just the anoying CEL. Air filters are also new Original ones. Did anybody figuered out this issue???
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2023, 03:50 AM   #9
Kyriakos84
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: GERMANY

iTrader: (0)

Forgot to mention that the cel pops up not when boosting but when cruising with about 1500rpm
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 09:59 AM   #10
isjm91
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Changed new filters. Did not solve the problem
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 12:47 PM   #11
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61365
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Ok it's a 2012 and US didn't get M5's until 2013, could it be a Canadian one (who got them in late 2011 onwards) and I'm just thinking bad gas now, where in California are you.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 04:40 AM   #12
isjm91
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Hi M5rick, appreciate that youíve been following up. Iím from Singapore and my car is a 2012 MY. I have been using 98/100 Ron which should be equivalent to Oct 93/95. We get good fuel here so I donít think itís the fuel problem
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61364.50
      11-25-2023, 05:37 AM   #13
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61365
Rep
19,862
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isjm91 View Post
Hi M5rick, appreciate that youíve been following up. Iím from Singapore and my car is a 2012 MY. I have been using 98/100 Ron which should be equivalent to Oct 93/95. We get good fuel here so I donít think itís the fuel problem
Glad the fuel is ok there, but with what bear55 was saying about revs dropping it has all the hallmarks of possible bad gas.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 07:26 AM   #14
Kyriakos84
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 F10
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: GERMANY

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys ! Did somebody manage to find out what the issue is/was ?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:12 AM   #15
anoller
New Member
8
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: F10 M5, F10 535i, Duramax, etc
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Macon, Ga

iTrader: (0)

Holy craptards, Iím hitting this issue also. ďCold start not controllableĒ, ďair mass plausability: air mass too low,Ē and more. Iíve replaced plugs, coils, MAF sensors, VANOS solenoids (all 4), exhaust side VANOS camshaft sensors. And she still runs like (bleep). Need help, donít want to pull the covers and replace timing chains and cam sprockets just to continue to have issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 08:21 AM   #16
isjm91
New Member
3
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoller View Post
Holy craptards, Iím hitting this issue also. ďCold start not controllableĒ, ďair mass plausability: air mass too low,Ē and more. Iíve replaced plugs, coils, MAF sensors, VANOS solenoids (all 4), exhaust side VANOS camshaft sensors. And she still runs like (bleep). Need help, donít want to pull the covers and replace timing chains and cam sprockets just to continue to have issues.
Hi sir. Just an update, I rebuilt my engine as the oil consumption got pretty bad. My workshop replaced the timing chains too for vanos, but did not replace the vanos sprockets. I no longer fault codes but I still have a mild version of this where I gently throttle, the rpm goes down before going up, and drops back down to about 500rpm before going back to idle rpm at around 700. This happens in neutral, d1 and reverse. So just letting you know, might be the timing chain. But I did not get this issue fully resolved. Power also feels down for some reason. Iím on stock map, no mods.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2024, 05:03 PM   #17
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
Solo_M_Tech's Avatar
United_States
1688
Rep
3,140
Posts

Drives: 2014 M5 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Have the valvetronic system tested. Had an F06 M6 with these faults, TSARA indicated swapping DMEís and reprogramming the car to fix the issue. 100% resolved.
__________________
2014 M5 6MT
Appreciate 1
JayDD007104.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST