M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
supremexlonly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Anyone have a good setup with xHP?

Hello,

Has anyone found a good setting they feel makes the DCT a lot more precise during manual mode with xHP? I mainly drive in manual mode, but shifting I feel I am not getting that crisp snappy feel. I’ve been currently running torque punch at 3 and torque reduction at 550 which is better, but I am looking for the best overall setting that can provide the overall better driving experience whether low speed traffic or carving the canyons.

Currently running a FBO Stage 2 and I’m estimating my torque to be in the range from 600-640 lb-ft and would like to have those crispy shifts back.

Please share your input or current setups if possible!

Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #2
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

This may be a goofy thought, but when I go to the app and select tq punch, it defaults to number 4. I would assume that’s the closes to OE spec? If so, that would mean going down to #3 would thus reduce your tq punch. A simple way to find out if this is right would be to shoot them an email. But I did confirm at least that going down in number does reduce tq punch.

Also to add: Not sure if you know this or not but the xHP files/adjustments are at their full capability only when DSC is completely off.

Last edited by Flo1989; 12-23-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 05:01 PM   #3
supremexlonly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
This may be a goofy thought, but when I go to the app and select tq punch, it defaults to number 4. I would assume that’s the closes to OE spec? If so, that would mean going down to #3 would thus reduce your tq punch. A simple way to find out if this is right would be to shoot them an email. But I did confirm at least that going down in number does reduce tq punch.

Also to add: Not sure if you know this or not but the xHP files/adjustments are at their full capability only when DSC is completely off.
Hello! I think that was the best solution so far! Thank you! I am currently running a TQ Punch at 3 and it does feel a lot better. Over your course of experimenting with xhp, where have you found the smoothest? I guess like audio preferences, I would love to see how others have set theirs
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 05:20 PM   #4
TicoM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Garage List
2013 BMW F10 M5  [9.50]
Hey guys, out of curiosity, is yours pre or post LCI? I just had my ‘13 tuned and I noticed the trans needed help because it couldn’t handle all the power the tune provided. I just purchased the xHP flash with maps combo. The guys at where I have my work done suggested to go with this trans tune. They said stage 2 will give it plenty of help and stage 3 is track style. When you guys are talking about different setting, are you adjusting in maps as well? I am trying to educate myself for when I finally get it installed. Waiting on the connection piece.
Appreciate 0