05-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #23
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
I would advise you did so either way. I replaced one and not long after, the other one needed doing. I paid just under £270 each with a new nut.

That's if it's the forward arm, there are a few others also.
I have asked BMW to check for the Bulletin and they will fix both if this says so, otherwise I wont as I am not paying out of my own packet when I have a warranty even though its £250 excess
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #24
Dormermike
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

definitely worth checking what newtis says on replacement in pairs and if a KDS is required and if so get the dealer to charge it all through warranty. You may need to speak to warranty company (allianz) because dealers can be reluctant to push claims. If you were paying retail theyd be saying must replace in pairs but when it comes to warranty they try and only replace one side. Personally i think they still charge warranty company for both sides.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #25
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
definitely worth checking what newtis says on replacement in pairs and if a KDS is required and if so get the dealer to charge it all through warranty. You may need to speak to warranty company (allianz) because dealers can be reluctant to push claims. If you were paying retail theyd be saying must replace in pairs but when it comes to warranty they try and only replace one side. Personally i think they still charge warranty company for both sides.
BMW Bath are very good to work with, if their is a bulletin they will do both sides 100% sure of that, they will also do KDS if its required which I believe it will be.

Its also having the oil and filter, pollen filter and diff oil done whilst its in.

Cant wait to get it back and drive the life out of it
Appreciate 0