M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
juanca
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Programming new TPMS sensors - coding

Hello,

I've been searching the web for an answer to my problem but I haven't found anything that helps. I installed a second set of wheels on my car last week with brand new TPMS sensors. I reset the system and my car is reading the new sensors fine, all wheels display green on my screen. My problem is that I had my car coded so it used to display PSI and temperature per tire, now it shows those details as blank. I coded my car again to stop displaying PSI and temp, and then coded it again hoping for the system to display the details for the new sensors, but same results, all I see are the "PSI" and "F" symbols, no numbers.

I scanned my sensors thinking that they might be malfunctioning, even though the car displays all wheels green, and the scanner shows each wheel's ID, temp, PSI, and frequency just fine. I want to see PSI per wheel again, I have all four sensors' IDs, how do I get them programmed in the car? Is this something that I can do through coding?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

I would contact V12 for assistance. Send a PM if you need his contact info.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Givol
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M5

Have you contacted Shawn Sheridan? User name shawnsheridan. He is an awesome help and and quick response.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:28 AM   #4
juanca
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Thanks guys for the info. I tried PMing v12 but it seems like he's been banned from the forum, I can't even leave a visitor's message on his profile page. Hopefully I have better luck with Shawn.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
theracerboss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

I need help on this one

I have a new set of wheels that I want to install on my 2013 535ix. The new set of wheels has a new set of 4 tpms sensors.

I need to know how I can pair the tpms sensors to the car ?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 12:51 AM   #6
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanca View Post
Hello,

I've been searching the web for an answer to my problem but I haven't found anything that helps. I installed a second set of wheels on my car last week with brand new TPMS sensors. I reset the system and my car is reading the new sensors fine, all wheels display green on my screen. My problem is that I had my car coded so it used to display PSI and temperature per tire, now it shows those details as blank. I coded my car again to stop displaying PSI and temp, and then coded it again hoping for the system to display the details for the new sensors, but same results, all I see are the "PSI" and "F" symbols, no numbers.

I scanned my sensors thinking that they might be malfunctioning, even though the car displays all wheels green, and the scanner shows each wheel's ID, temp, PSI, and frequency just fine. I want to see PSI per wheel again, I have all four sensors' IDs, how do I get them programmed in the car? Is this something that I can do through coding?

Thank you.
There is the potential for interchanging of the standard and intelligent sensors on a MY2013 but an M5 should in theory reject them partially unless it's a 12/12-03/13 build or possibly a very out of date I-Level (MDM/DSC should be inhibited but system will display green/ok). Did you see the sensors before they were installed? If so, we're they green, grey, or black? If not do you have the part numbers of them? I have several hundred OEM TPMS sensors (all variants) in my Miami warehouse and will start giving them away this month.

And I just noticed this was a resurrected thread.....
Appreciate 0