BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15’ Xdrive 50i

CCB brakes

For the love of god can anyone tell me why these brakes literally squeal like a pig whenever I put any significant amount of pressure on the breast pedal. Omg it's so fuqing annoying. Sometimes they even do it at very low speeds when I'm not even hittin the brakes!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
Beast27358.00
M5Rick59507.00
      03-11-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speenybean View Post
For the love of god can anyone tell me why these brakes literally squeal like a pig whenever I put any significant amount of pressure on the breast pedal. Omg it's so fuqing annoying. Sometimes they even do it at very low speeds when I'm not even hittin the brakes!!!!!!
There's a wheel cleaner trick you can use by spraying around the brake calipers to get rid of squeal. Go to the wheel/brakes section.
''Curing brake squeal''.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #3
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Quote:
There's a wheel cleaner trick you can use by spraying around the brake calipers to get rid of squeal. Go to the wheel/brakes section.
''Curing brake squeal''.
Quote:
Quote:
''Curing brake squeal''.
Thanks bro
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
texsn95
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Frozen Silver M5

Quote:
''Curing brake squeal''.
Didn't work at all for me. Will be returning the wheel cleaner.
      03-12-2020, 06:14 AM   #5
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp "Ultimate Pkg"

You might start using the brake pedal instead of the "breast" pedal. My wife usually squeals when I press the breast pedal too! Ha ha!

Common issue with the CCB's, some of us just have a little chirp now and again, others have more squealing. There is a law suit that I believe is still active but BMW says these are performance brakes and the noise is "normal". You could probably change out to the regular brakes if you like or even better a Brembo kit but both would be expensive.

Have you had them checked to make sure you don't need any components replaced?
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59507.00
      03-12-2020, 07:28 AM   #6
Speenybean
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry77 View Post
You might start using the brake pedal instead of the "breast" pedal. My wife usually squeals when I press the breast pedal too! Ha ha!

Common issue with the CCB's, some of us just have a little chirp now and again, others have more squealing. There is a law suit that I believe is still active but BMW says these are performance brakes and the noise is "normal". You could probably change out to the regular brakes if you like or even better a Brembo kit but both would be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry77 View Post

Lol hahaha
No I haven't. Just got the car last week
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
Butty45
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
My experience with them albeit on an M4 is that you have to use them. When I say that, I mean if all you do is town driving and are only "lightly" using them then they squeal. Being in the UK we have the luxury of fast Euro roads like Germany pretty near. I found working them hard on the Autobahn or on the Nurburgring sorts them out completely. So I suppose I am saying is you have to get some real heat into them - which is what they are designed for and then they act as intended.

So basically, go take it out and really hit them hard and then see where you are at....

Also found that if the holes through the disc are filled up with pad deposit they squeak more. Get something like a long nail and poke through the holes and get the pad residue out....

Name:  Pad Deposit.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  1.09 MB

Last edited by Butty45; 03-12-2020 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59507.00
      03-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #8
Larry77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp "Ultimate Pkg"

Interesting, I'm going to have to check this out on mine...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 03:33 AM   #9
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

I agree
If u use them like driving a camry then they are noisy
Use the car hard and noise is minimal
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butty45 View Post
My experience with them albeit on an M4 is that you have to use them. When I say that, I mean if all you do is town driving and are only "lightly" using them then they squeal. Being in the UK we have the luxury of fast Euro roads like Germany pretty near. I found working them hard on the Autobahn or on the Nurburgring sorts them out completely. So I suppose I am saying is you have to get some real heat into them - which is what they are designed for and then they act as intended.

So basically, go take it out and really hit them hard and then see where you are at....

Also found that if the holes through the disc are filled up with pad deposit they squeak more. Get something like a long nail and poke through the holes and get the pad residue out....

Attachment 2258301
I agree. OP needs to do some hard 60-0 braking, almost like breaking in the pads. CCBs are made for repeated hard braking.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #11
MetZF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F06 M6

My brakes squeak like HELL. Spraying them down with some cleaning products does help for short periods of time. Heat helps the most.

On a day where I do some spirited driving with heavy braking they minimize to nearly nothing. I have a M6 GC.
Appreciate 0