M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

08-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
scargo523
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

when is it gonna get here??

Hey Folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 2014 LCI:
Monte Carlo
Comp pack (343M)
Exec pack
Driver's assistance
Lighting pack

I finalized the order on 8/1 and have since received my production number and my CA told me that it went into production last week, but in tracking it through mybmw, it still lists that the order is being processed (not yet in production) with not a whole lot of additional details. My CA doesnt have a delivery date yet and says it's still too early.

is this normal?

obviously real anxious and have been getting my fix vicariously through posts on this board, but not knowing how long to wait just makes it that much more brutal!

also, I'm new to the San Antonio, TX area (originally a San Diegan where shops are plentiful) hoping to get some recommendations from anyone familiar with the area with trusty tint and body shops that can help with planning for future mods when I do finally take delivery

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

This is normal but check the area of the forum for tracking. You will find an abundance of useful information. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Dr.Jeff
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘23 AW M8 Comp Gran Coup

Congrats on the order!!! I put an order in for almost the exact car on August 5th with no VIN or start of production. Today I sat in a '14 black comp package (343 rims) and it was amazing!! Totally worth the wait!!! Dealer told me 8-10 weeks!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargo23 View Post
Hey Folks, long time lurker, first time poster.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 2014 LCI:
Monte Carlo
Comp pack (343M)
Exec pack
Driver's assistance
Lighting pack

I finalized the order on 8/1 and have since received my production number and my CA told me that it went into production last week, but in tracking it through mybmw, it still lists that the order is being processed (not yet in production) with not a whole lot of additional details. My CA doesnt have a delivery date yet and says it's still too early.

is this normal?

obviously real anxious and have been getting my fix vicariously through posts on this board, but not knowing how long to wait just makes it that much more brutal!

also, I'm new to the San Antonio, TX area (originally a San Diegan where shops are plentiful) hoping to get some recommendations from anyone familiar with the area with trusty tint and body shops that can help with planning for future mods when I do finally take delivery

thanks!
Hahahahaha! I know the feeling! My sales guy and I have sort of become buddies and right before I saw your post I was texting him asking "Where's my car? Can I pick it up Monday?" It's not coming until Oct! Way too long!!!!!!! NOw, I think he is ignoring me. He knows better than that! Here goes another text (or 8)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

ordering

i ordered 14 m5 lci, comp package(343), executive package, driver assistance ,b/o, led lighting on 7/1, got VIN about two days later, production finished 7/24, not sure when it got on a boat, they expect it at port 8/30. Not sure how long it takes to actually take delivery. It is absolutely torture waiting for the car to arrive in Los Angeles. Impatiently trying to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Lual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 CP / X5 G05 ‘21

I ordered mine (Comp pack, led, etc) last day of July. Delivery expected mid September, but not exact date, what seems a long wait.
Maybe the Americans are getting most of the factory production for the US...It is hard to wait so long...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Hi all, I am from Indonesia.. I have finalised the car from early July 2013. According to the SA, the car has finished its production phase. The car will be arriving on 3rd week of October. What a long wait..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
scargo523
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Hahahahaha! I know the feeling! My sales guy and I have sort of become buddies and right before I saw your post I was texting him asking "Where's my car? Can I pick it up Monday?" It's not coming until Oct! Way too long!!!!!!! NOw, I think he is ignoring me. He knows better than that! Here goes another text (or 8)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel the same way! glad i'm not the only impatient dude thinking my SA is ignoring me when he doesnt respond to my texts within the hour for updates on a car that's not ready for another month of so

but as an update, at least he's finally telling me that mybmw will be updated and actually post as "in production" either tomorrow or wedesday, and supposedly i'll get my VIN then...

thanks all for the support!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Jimbob169
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 LCI MCB/SS interior

Hi all - based in the UK and I put in my order for a Monte Carlo/Silverstone on 26th July my car is now at status 1100 scheduled whatever that means and is currently showing 14th October for delivery. Seems the US orders are getting through quicker than the rest of us!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Support Group

I think we need to start our own support group..... Ordered the LCI M5 with all options except for rear entertainment and CCB.

Can't sleep....
Hardly eating....

I may not last 8-10 weeks....
Appreciate 0