Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

WTB F10 M5 Rebuilt S63B44B Engine from Ghassan Automotive

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi guys,
I was searching for a S63B44 engine to buy. I came across some options on eBay from germany but when I search about the selling company, there are some complaints online about them selling bad and badly rebuilt engines to locals. How much more to an international buyer.

I stumbled upon Ghassan Automotive selling rebuilt engines in US. ghassanautomotive.com

Does anyone know or have any experience with them?

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

AVOID!!!!

Last edited by ONE_slow_m5; 06-13-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
Stomper63
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

This Ebay seller, Ghasson Automotive ripped me off! I bought an N55 engine from this seller as he has it listed N55 Engine Available for $3995. I called him and talked with him and he asked me to wire $6195 which would include the $3995 for the engine, $1500 core charge for my old engine, and $700 to ship his engine to me and the return shipping of the core. I immediately made the payment and he told me it would ship in 4 days. This was my first mistake as I should have made the transaction via Ebay instead of a wire. I had to rent a car for the time being. After 4 days I call to see if the engine has shipped and it is a challenge to get in touch with them. Ghasson says the engine did not ship yet but it will ship shortly. A week later I call him and he still has not shipped the engine. He now says it's due to weather so he could not ship the engine yet but it will ship by Friday. I call Friday and send text messages but no reply. I get in touch with him the following Monday and he says he will ship the engine express. I paid this seller on February 12 and didn’t receive the engine until March 6. It took 22 days to receive this engine after he stated that he would ship it in 4 days after my payment. In the mean time I rented a car for $51 a day thinking it would be 4 days plus installation. I paid $1210 in car rental fees during this ordeal just to receive the engine. Finally, we receive the engine! The mechanic sends pictures and says the engine is very dirty and doesn’t look like a rebuilt engine. The mechanic installs the engine and the engine does not work and it was leaking from the upper oil pan. I have a hard time getting in touch with the seller so I am worried. I finally get in touch with him and he wants to assist the mechanic to get the engine running. The mechanic said he was getting a camshaft code. After going back and forth for almost two weeks, nothing is getting solved and I am still paying for a rental car. The mechanic then says he doesn't have the time to devote to the engine because he wasn't getting any assistance from Ghasson Automotive in determining the issue. I then take the engine to my personal mechanic who says he would try to fix it. I had to pay the previous mechanic $1800 to remove and install this engine and then it doesn't work. Now the engine is at my second mechanic. After diagnosing the engine, he finds out that the intake and exhaust camshaft sprockets were put in backward. The exhaust and intake were switched around causing the car to not run. I had to then pay this mechanic an additional $1600 just to remove the sprockets and put them in the proper order. When I inform Ghasson Auto they first say that they did not do this. I show him a video of the whole process and he tells me this is not his engine. How could this not be his engine after I paid $6195? The whole process has taken 2 months to get this engine finally operating correctly. I asked Ghasson to at least allow me to only pay the $3995 charge for the engine and return the core fee of $1500 and the core return shipping fee of $350. I have not shipped him my core and asked for the core shipping charge of $350 returned but have not received it. He is very hard to get in touch with and is telling me it is not his engine. I would never do this to another person. I had to rent a car for 2 months because he did not send the engine until almost a month later and when I receive the engine it was not in working condition. I would have to pay someone to remove the engine and then ship back to Ghasson so I decided to let the mechanic fix the sellers error. Ghassoon keeps saying it’s not his engine but wants to help me out and send me back $1500 for the issues that we had. Well as you can guess, he never sent the$1500 back and he never sent my $350 for shipping back either. I’m sure some people have good transactions with this seller but if something goes wrong, you bet he will not own up to the issue and blame everything on you. So much has gone crazy with him that it’s so hard to give exactly every detail. I’ll chock this up as a loss but home others do not get scammed by him.
Appreciate 7
BMW535iva291.00
_BSMM5123.50
FSociety3810.00
Logical209.50
      04-24-2019, 09:41 PM   #4
Stomper63
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Response to the blackmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomper63 View Post
This Ebay seller, Ghasson Automotive ripped me off! I bought an N55 engine from this seller as he has it listed N55 Engine Available for $3995. I called him and talked with him and he asked me to wire $6195 which would include the $3995 for the engine, $1500 core charge for my old engine, and $700 to ship his engine to me and the return shipping of the core. I immediately made the payment and he told me it would ship in 4 days. This was my first mistake as I should have made the transaction via Ebay instead of a wire. I had to rent a car for the time being. After 4 days I call to see if the engine has shipped and it is a challenge to get in touch with them. Ghasson says the engine did not ship yet but it will ship shortly. A week later I call him and he still has not shipped the engine. He now says it's due to weather so he could not ship the engine yet but it will ship by Friday. I call Friday and send text messages but no reply. I get in touch with him the following Monday and he says he will ship the engine express. I paid this seller on February 12 and didn't receive the engine until March 6. It took 22 days to receive this engine after he stated that he would ship it in 4 days after my payment. In the mean time I rented a car for $51 a day thinking it would be 4 days plus installation. I paid $1210 in car rental fees during this ordeal just to receive the engine. Finally, we receive the engine! The mechanic sends pictures and says the engine is very dirty and doesn't look like a rebuilt engine. The mechanic installs the engine and the engine does not work and it was leaking from the upper oil pan. I have a hard time getting in touch with the seller so I am worried. I finally get in touch with him and he wants to assist the mechanic to get the engine running. The mechanic said he was getting a camshaft code. After going back and forth for almost two weeks, nothing is getting solved and I am still paying for a rental car. The mechanic then says he doesn't have the time to devote to the engine because he wasn't getting any assistance from Ghasson Automotive in determining the issue. I then take the engine to my personal mechanic who says he would try to fix it. I had to pay the previous mechanic $1800 to remove and install this engine and then it doesn't work. Now the engine is at my second mechanic. After diagnosing the engine, he finds out that the intake and exhaust camshaft sprockets were put in backward. The exhaust and intake were switched around causing the car to not run. I had to then pay this mechanic an additional $1600 just to remove the sprockets and put them in the proper order. When I inform Ghasson Auto they first say that they did not do this. I show him a video of the whole process and he tells me this is not his engine. How could this not be his engine after I paid $6195? The whole process has taken 2 months to get this engine finally operating correctly. I asked Ghasson to at least allow me to only pay the $3995 charge for the engine and return the core fee of $1500 and the core return shipping fee of $350. I have not shipped him my core and asked for the core shipping charge of $350 returned but have not received it. He is very hard to get in touch with and is telling me it is not his engine. I would never do this to another person. I had to rent a car for 2 months because he did not send the engine until almost a month later and when I receive the engine it was not in working condition. I would have to pay someone to remove the engine and then ship back to Ghasson so I decided to let the mechanic fix the sellers error. Ghassoon keeps saying it's not his engine but wants to help me out and send me back $1500 for the issues that we had. Well as you can guess, he never sent the$1500 back and he never sent my $350 for shipping back either. I'm sure some people have good transactions with this seller but if something goes wrong, you bet he will not own up to the issue and blame everything on you. So much has gone crazy with him that it's so hard to give exactly every detail. I'll chock this up as a loss but home others do not get scammed by him.
Carl & Mechell Burgette purchased an engine from Ghassan Automotive to replace the engine in their used BMW 535i, the engine failure was covered under a used car dealership's warranty and was to be replaced by the used car dealership's mechanic. We shipped Carl & Mechell Burgette a fully remanufactured engine to the used car dealership's mechanics per their request, we then did not hear from Carl & Mechell Burgette till they called saying that their mechanic is saying that the engine was leaking oil from the head gasket and bedplate (named upper oil pan by the used car dealership mechanic). We proceed to take these claims seriously and asked the mechanic if the engine was mixing the coolant with oil, the mechanic said that it did not mix but insisted that the head gasket was leaking oil. The used car dealership's mechanic also noted that there was an issue with the engine timing yet would not attempt any repairs or diagnosis even with our shop offering to pay for said repairs and diagnosis. We were not able to get the used car dealership's mechanic to cooperate and attempt to fix the vehicle, so Carl & Mechell Burgette decided to remove the car from the used car dealership's mechanic and take it to a trustworthy mechanic. That mechanic's name is Arthur, Arthur then confirmed that the engine, in fact, did not leak from the head gasket nor did it leak from the bed plate, Arthur found that the camshaft vanos sprockets were mixed, two parts that are clearly identifiable via part number or markings designated to identify intake vanos sprocket from the exhaust vanos sprocket. Arthur also found that the engine seemed to have used parts in it unlike our remanufactured engines, Arthur proceeds to confirm serial numbers with our records, the serial numbers did not match, indicating the used car dealership's mechanic pocketed the remanufactured engine and installed another engine that was not in good working condition. This explains why Carl & Mechell Burgette told us that the engine looked dirty. We proceeded to try our best to work with Carl & Mechell Burgette and help them in any way reasonable, Ghassan Automotive offered Carl & Mechell Burgette $1500 to assist with their misfortune despite having any liability in this claim. Carl & Mechell Burgette accepted this offer, Ghassan Automotive informed Carl & Mechell Burgette that we will not be responsible for this engine as it is not the engine that we sent and we cannot warranty it, Carl & Mechell Burgette understood this and accepted this outcome. Carl & Mechell Burgette then refused to properly execute a contract stating exactly what was agreed to over the phone. Ghassan Automotive then was threatened by a blast of bad reviews if we do not give them the $1500. Ghassan Automotive insisted that a properly executed contract was required, but Carl & Mechell Burgette denied. Carl & Mechell Burgette since started to post negative reviews under false names.

In response to Carl & Mechell Burgette review directly:
*Ghassan Automotive did send Carl & Mechell Burgette a remanufactured engine.
*Ghassan Automotive does have a website, it is www.GhassanAutomotive.com.
*Ghassan Automotive never promised an engine being delivered within four days.
*The engine was sent in a timely fashion, there were some delays with the freight company but nothing outrageous.
*The engine was dirty/not assembled correctly because it was not the engine Ghassan Automotive sent but merely an engine the used car dealership's mechanic provided.
*Ghassan Automotive does not function out of "Uncles Junk Yard", Ghassan Automotive is the #1 BMW engine remanufacturing facility in the world with over 85,000 SQ FT facility, we are open to the public and anyone can visit us at 1000 W Knipe Ave, Perkins OK 74059 or contact us directly at 405-780-1105.
*We have tried to assist Carl & Mechell Burgette with this situation as soon as they brought it up to us, never did 24 hours pass without communicating with Carl & Mechell Burgette, even phone calls past 9:00 PM on a Sunday.
*The serial number given to them is a serial number that can be confirmed with BMW of North America and is not a "bogus serial number." In our years of the automotive business, we have never seen serial numbers being posted on the bill of ladings; we may adopt this to ensure this scenario never happens again.
*Ghassan Automotive never made any ridiculous demands, throughout this whole process we've only requested confirmation of serial numbers after Carl & Mechell Burgette sent us pictures of the engine
*Ghassan Automotive needed Carl & Mechell Burgette to sign a contract stating that we are not responsible for this engine that did not come from our facility, not what Carl & Mechell Burgette are claiming.
*Ghassan Automotive does not "do this often" Ghassan Automotive built over 800 BMW engines to this date with a flawless reputation, we strive to push for outstanding, record-breaking performance and not sending "dirty engines" with vanos gears installed backward.
*Ghassan Automotive does not threaten anyone.
*Ghassan Automotive did confirm that Carl & Mechell Burgette left the fraudulent review left by Marquis Gonsalves.
*Ghassan Automotive is not a fraud as Carl & Mechell Burgette, it is safe to say that the dealership's mechanic committed fraud on Carl & Mechell Burgette and Carl & Mechell Burgette decided to attempt to blackmail Ghassan Automotive.
If anyone has any question regarding this review, please contact me via phone:405-780-1105 or email Ghassan@ghassanautomotive.com, and I will be happy to provide any information requested.
Appreciate 3
      04-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

I've personally inspected the aftermath of a Ghassan installed engine in a F10 535i. The estimate made for correct repairs to that mans car exceeded what was paid originally by half again. He was also billed for parts and components not pressent on the vehicle. The level of unprofessionalism and incompetence displayed by the state the car was delivered in was jaw dropping. The owner was distraught over it but came to accept the Latin adage... caveat emptor.

Gentlemen you get what you pay for. The videos I've seen of the interior of their shop and yard sure looked like a junk yard to me. I understand they recently moved into a larger facility but I doubt it would make any difference to what you're going to get. They may cobble together cores, legitimately rebuild engines, sell a ton of engines, sort of install engines, whatever they do it they aren't in business because they do it well, they persist in popularity simply because they are cheap. Unfortunately there are no shortage of prospective clients where cheap is their primary purchasing decision maker.

In the race to the bottom there are no winners. Caveat Emptor!
Appreciate 2
M5Dan207.50
_BSMM5123.50
      04-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep

Surely a competitor would say what you said, we did the job we were asked to do, we were not paid or asked to replace every missing bracket, bolt etc. small issues were left with the vehicle that the customer was informed but he refused to get them repaired due to him being in a hurry to pick up the vehicle, all parts invoiced were installed etc. I highly doubt us being "cheap" got us to where we are today. Over 800 BMW engines built, some costing upwards of $20,000 each, world's fastest 135i... etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #8
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

I would not think you a competitor by a long shot. You and I service two very very opposed ends of the market segment. We happen to work on the same make and models only, that is were the comparisons end.

I'm not here to throw shade or spread misinformation. If people want to do business with you they are by all means welcome to due so, but people are going to keep speaking up until enough do that your reputation precedes you and your business quietly goes away.

I witnessed the sloppy work, missing components, chewed up hardware, silicone on reused gaskets and seals, new parts billed not present on the car etc.

The *corrective* repairs ( that is just those subject to correcting your shops work) not to be confused with maintenance etc needed were close to what the car was worth. We did no actual work on the car, and it left on a release waiver because the vehicle was in such a poor state as presented after leaving your shop.

Now to the OP or anyone else in the market if you want a rebuild S63 that is done with quality at the forefront of the builders mind with solid reliability RK Autowerks would be my top recommendation.
Appreciate 3
      04-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #9
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep

What you're doing here is spreading misinformation, car left my shop with so many faults that the correction to those faults is worth more than a F10 535i? That car was break up, outside, inside, the original engine had over an inch of sludge inside the engine. Again we weren't asked or paid to correct the many issues with the vehicle, we were only paid to remove the engine and replace it with a remanufactured one.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #10
Thegore
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i

And this is why I got cpo with extended warranty, can't trust these BMW repair shops. Once I take my car to BMW I have my own mechanic make sure they replaced what I asked.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 06:22 PM   #11
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

I’m on the side that this may be a valid complaint.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 01:23 AM   #12
aznazasin
AznAzasin
United_States
Rep
Drives: FG E92 M3 | LSB E46 M3 | F80 M

Bummer....I was considering a built engine from Ghassan, but this review has definitely changed my perception.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
I would not think you a competitor by a long shot. You and I service two very very opposed ends of the market segment. We happen to work on the same make and models only, that is were the comparisons end.

I'm not here to throw shade or spread misinformation. If people want to do business with you they are by all means welcome to due so, but people are going to keep speaking up until enough do that your reputation precedes you and your business quietly goes away.

I witnessed the sloppy work, missing components, chewed up hardware, silicone on reused gaskets and seals, new parts billed not present on the car etc.

The *corrective* repairs ( that is just those subject to correcting your shops work) not to be confused with maintenance etc needed were close to what the car was worth. We did no actual work on the car, and it left on a release waiver because the vehicle was in such a poor state as presented after leaving your shop.

Now to the OP or anyone else in the market if you want a rebuild S63 that is done with quality at the forefront of the builders mind with solid reliability RK Autowerks would be my top recommendation.
oof.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #14
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine_M5 View Post
Can Vouch for my horrible experience with this scammer Ghassan Auto, here is my experience..

*I have decided to post this horrible experience and review on the BMW forums so that other members do not make the same mistake i did by going with these guys for an engine rebuild!! You can find negative info on the owner on google along with honest bad experiences and claims filed against them!

HORRENDOUS Experience!!! Do not believe the good reviews!!! I would have used Pure Performance TX!

First, let me begin by stating I have no idea where this guy gets his positive reviews, as seen on other negative reviews everyone seems to claim similar things. Must be written by friends or family. I will try to make this short as possible. On October 11th of 2019 I unfortunately decided to wire $12,000 to Ghassan Automotive and was told by front desk manager (Zoey) I would have a new engine in 2-4 weeks. She actively tells me about the bad state the company is in currently, shortly after several office managers walked out on Ghassan. On November 22nd, 2019 I finally had received an engine at my credible German car Shoppe who would soon begin the install. Shortly after I was notified of missing timing cover bolts (not a huge issue). A few days later the engine is installed, and my shop cannot get the car to stop misfiring nor have any boost. Turns out the camphasers were installed completely incorrect and backwards! Ghassan owns up to his mistakes and has the car & engine shipped to his shop to correct. I was told I would have the car back in less than 2 weeks as it would be a "priority". The car arrived to them December 16th and I received it back January 8th. Upon receiving the car, I started getting check engine lights within the first 200 miles for the car running lean, running rich etc.…It is continuously at the BMW dealership trying to get this resolved. Upon the car being inspected they notice the entire radiator support is disconnected along with the core support bracket un attached and all missing bolts. Literally the entire underbelly of the engine is moveable! BMW had thought the car had been in a front end-collision. After practically harassing and getting into a pissing match with Ghassan he agrees to pay for half of the cost $600. Two weeks later I have the car back into BMW for rich codes and lean codes popping up consistently, several diagnosis fees ($189) later BMW discovers the downpipes not being seated correctly causing a huge air leak. I was not surprised by this as the car was having an extremely gassy smell along with very reduced power. I have put approximately 1,000 miles on the car since receiving it back from Ghassan Automotive. It has been non-stop battles with the guy to cover what he has touched. But again, he is sure to mentioned he didn't touch anything. It has been non-stop issues arising since getting the car back. If I could look back, I would have never gone with this company!! Mentions he has just under 10 claims against him…that is in two years of being in business my friend. That is not good or a small business. Nonetheless Ghassan is a scammer!! If he isn't a scammer then he sure runs a horrendous business. At this point I have thrown in the towel. This guy is your worst nightmare. I have worked diligently and respectfully with them for so long. It was all a nightmare the moment I received an incorrectly built engine to my shop. If you have any questions about my horrific experience with this shop you are more than welcome to reach out to me.
Below you can see all the additional cost I have had to put into my car after receiving it from Ghassan. Absolutely Ridiculous! Lesson learned, if I could have gone back, I would have gone with PURE PERFORMANCE TX. Messaged the guy over Instagram, super solid guy and great work.

-Ghassan claims he is not liable due to these issues not being a "Warranty item"
-Blames my shop who I have used for 5+ years and has been in business for 12+ years for the exhaust not being installed correctly or brackets mounted. If the car happened to even come to you with things missing, why wouldn't you mention this to the customer, Ghassan? Pretty extensive list of things...
-Their own office manager texted me two weeks ago about their bad business practices and implementing a way to reduce their issues and cost as it takes up "majority of her time"
-Have all screenshots of text communication, pictures of car being worked at my shop and Ghassan shop. My Shops technicians have all picture proof of the car being worked on daily.

Alignment $135 , Missing rivets $30 , missing engine M cover $250, Missing splash guard $225, Exhaust not connected $1460, Radiator core support $600 and metal brackets not attached
Where do we start with our horrendous experience with Mr. Dalton Schaub, we shipped an S63TU engine to Dalton, the engine was installed by "The German Car Shoppe." Upon installation, the shop found our that the vanos units were installed incorrectly, we immediately shipped Mr.Daltons vehicle on our expense to our facility, got the issue corrected, tested the vehicle for 300+ miles, and shipped the vehicle back on our cost. This is where our horrible experience started: Upon receiving the vehicle, Dalton called our shop and started to use almost every curse word available in the dictionary, telling us that his vehicle is leaking fluids. We tried to calm him down, telling him that the vehicle left our facility with no leaks or issues and that we would be able to help him either way! Nothing we could have done to slow the rain of curse words and the yelling from Mr.Dalton, he did not calm down until he found out that the delivery driver accidentally cracked his transmission pan, the issue was fixed at no cost to Mr.Dalton, and he was a happy camper since then! Weeks go by with him happily modifying and enjoying his new engine, then he gets the word about his core support being loose, he again goes on a fit of rage and would not accept any explanations. Ghassan himself had to spend hours corresponding with Mr.Dalton, including over an hour of FaceTiming Mr.Dalton, to show him proof how the loose part, is not a part we have ever worked on. The German Car Shoppe installed the engine by removing the front clip of the car, aginst BMW instructions, they claimed no fault. Yet, it is a part only them touched, Ghassan Automotive ended up helping Mr.Dalton by paying for half the bill to get Mr.Dalton to calm down and stop harassing the staff. Again, all is fine and dadny until the next unrelated issue. The downpipes The German Car Shoppe installed had loose clamps, which caused the car to run poorly due to wrong O2 sensor reads, again we tried our best to explain to Mr.Dalton that we are not responsible for other shops faults. We tried our best to explain to Mr.Dalton that this is a part we did not install nor work on.

Overall, Mr.Dalton has a very healthy remanufactured engine; he is complaining about parts installed by another shop (The German Shoppe). He would not accept any explanation, even when presented with video evidence, photos, BMW instructions, etc. Mr.Dalton wants Ghassan Automotive to pay for other shop's mistakes, and that is simply unrealistic, it is regrettable to have an unsatisfied customer. We aim to keep all our customers and the car community very pleased.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 08:23 PM   #15
GhassanAutomotive
Private
Rep

You've done nothing but be rude and unreasonable to us, yelling and cussing at all our staff. We have spent countless hours, showing you photos, videos and FaceTiming you to show you clearly how the issues you are dealing with are unrelated to our work. When we ask for any evidence that shows fault for us, our requests go unanswered.
We took full responsibility and more for the bad vanos units, replaced them, tested the car for 300+ miles and sent it back with all the parts the vehicle came with. You got the vehicle and never said a thing about any missing parts. Your local shop installed your downpipes. You need to take it up with them if your downpipes are installed incorrectly, I've already shown you clear evidence that we do not touch the downpipes when replacing vanos units, you simply want us to pay for your shops mistake, threatened us with blackmail unless we paid for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #16
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Let me take a wild guess on how GHassan will respond to this one.

"Of course you're throwing the towel, every time we presented you with clear explanation (photos, videos, FaceTime etc) how this isn't our fault, you folded and had no response"
Appreciate 2
FloridaM5459.50
S_CDSM542.00
      06-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
Autobarn234
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

So I eventually got the engine from Ghassan Automotive and so far its been very good. The car has been driven a lot since we completed the installation of the new engine around October last year and we've had no issues with it.
The only issue I had was about two week delay for delivery at the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #18
dhm118
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post

I went with RK Autowerks when my M5 spun a bearing. Process was painless and smooth. Two years and 20k mi later with no issues. Definitely a +1 on the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 08:01 PM   #19
bvferrara
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Unhappy N55 Bearing Failure

My beloved 535i suffered a bottom end bearing failure after an oil change and valve cover gasket and housing replacement. Looking for a reputable shop to possibly rebuild the engine, taking advantage of upgrades along the rebuild to create more h/p and torque. What shops on the East Coast can you recommend? There were mentions of CarBahn and RK Autowerks half way across the country. I've seen so much disparity concerning Ghassan Automotive that I won't take the risk.

Anyone have a great rebuild that could share their recommendation?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #20
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvferrara View Post
My beloved 535i suffered a bottom end bearing failure after an oil change and valve cover gasket and housing replacement. Looking for a reputable shop to possibly rebuild the engine, taking advantage of upgrades along the rebuild to create more h/p and torque. What shops on the East Coast can you recommend? There were mentions of CarBahn and RK Autowerks half way across the country. I've seen so much disparity concerning Ghassan Automotive that I won't take the risk.

Anyone have a great rebuild that could share their recommendation?
I shipped my M6 to RK. They do a lot of work on the S63 engines but not sure about others. At a minimum it is worth a call. If they don't supports yours then they may have someone they could refer you to. You might be able to get a BMW remanufactured motor for a decent price as well.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0