M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Fuel-It CPI Injectors / BMS Port Injection Controller

Anyone running - CPI injectors post intercooler with a BMS port injection controller? Curious how the setup works do you have it connected to your JB4 are you also running meth? And how much Ethanol (gallons) do you run.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

Think it’s dead end . 0 info about it . When people ask they say they are busy with s55 stuff and it’s in back burner .

Been a year
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by induc916 View Post
Anyone running - CPI injectors post intercooler with a BMS port injection controller? Curious how the setup works do you have it connected to your JB4 are you also running meth? And how much Ethanol (gallons) do you run.
BMS has them installed on their test cars and is working up firmware for them now, expect to see a post in the near future. It's a solid setup. Great lower cost alternative to port injection.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP - 2022 M5 CS

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Bumping an old thread here.

I’m tackling this exact configuration using the following components:

1. FuelIt CPI injection kit
2. BMS pump/tank
3. CSF intercoolers
4. JB4 with FSB for WMI control
5. DME custom tune

Plan to mount the injectors in the intercooler bungs to spray post intercooler, pre TB. I will run logs of IAT and timing pre and post intercooler/WMI install and report back my findings.

The charge pipe injection never made sense to me on the S63tu, especially when injecting WMI - as atomized water doesn’t like to turn corners and will re-accumulate and puddle when forced to do so. Even post intercooler injection is inferior, as the far cylinders will certainly get less WMI and ultimately are at risk of occult pre-ignition and detonation if tuning FOR meth rather than using as a safely measure. However, the only other option is the RK billet intake manifolds customized with injection ports - but I’m not sure there’s enough room back there to make that happen (happy to be wrong here, but nobody seems to know the answer to that and it hasn’t been done).

Would love to hear from anyone who has a similar setup (specifically anyone who is NOT injecting into pre-intercooler charge pipes) or from someone smarter than me who has a better solution.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #5
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M6 F06

I'm working at it

2x 550cc Fuel-it injectors pre charge-cooler
In the future i will add two more Fuel-it injectors post charge-cooler and before the throttle body.

Sure when going pre charge-cooler the amount of methanol have to be sprayed at minimal to prevent puddling and also because it's not the most efficient way of doing it.
Else why I'm going to add two more injectors to make the system much more affinate.

Everything is controlled by the TorqByte CM5-LTS controller.

I'm not planning on custom tuning, or maybe not for now.
Will see how the project goes

Last edited by Aliendex; 04-05-2021 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 2
Doctor_X1158.00
M6Roar85.50
      04-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #6
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Looks like a clean install!
Appreciate 1
rlsl19.00
      04-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #7
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Looks like a clean install!
Thank you!

My main goal was to achieve an almost OEM look (apart from the red fittings in the engine bay that was my choice)

Everything is hided near the battery compartment:
-Controller
-Tank
-Pump (which is coming soon)

I know there's gonna be a lot of difference between my system with the TorqByte CM5-LTS and the JB4 FSB for WMI.
I also know the battery compartment on the M5 is slightly different from the M6, but here's how I am doing it if anyone is planning to do something similar:

The controller is bolted together with an existing module, it does connect with an ignition line (used as a wake up signal) in the fuse box, and the main power is connected using the OEM connector of the power distribution box on top of the battery.
Because of the bigger 60A fuse soldered inside the power distribution, i have added an external ANL 40A fuse.

A shielded cable run across the entire car for the MAP sensor signal, tapped in a small distribution box on top of the valve cover of bank #1

Along with that cable, there are plenty of wires for:
-RPM signal directly taken from the OBD port using some OBD splitter.
-General Purpose Output in the engine bay for the injectors
-Spare General Purpose Input wires available for future upgrade under the steering wheel inside the plastic trim (you never know what you could add and considering the price of the wires it's a better idea to run a few more while you disassemble the car)
-an USB cable is hided inside the cupholder to tune and datalog the WMI controller while driving (i have a Win10 tablet mounted here everytime I drive the car)

The methanol SS braided PTFE line is routed completely out of the car for safety reason and it does run together with other original fuel/oil lines in the underbody.
Funny enough there was a free cable holder from the back to the front, perfect for the meth line!

A bit messy because I'm still working on it.
Nothing more to say for know, maybe the pics will explain better than my poor english

Obd pass-through (inside the plastic trim there is another obd splitter for signal acquisition and an e-enet cable)

Last edited by Aliendex; 04-08-2021 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
Doctor_X1158.00
M6Roar85.50
      04-09-2021, 04:47 PM   #8
Doctor_X
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Dude - I’m completely stoked on how sanitary your install is. Much respect!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #9
Aliendex
Private
Italy
Rep

Just to keep an update to anyone interested.

The right pump finally arrived and i was able to plumb all the lines.
I have added a fuel pressure sensor (0-5V) which will be routed to an analog input of the CM5-LTS add-on board (no more analog input in the main controller, i have to buy the extension board for that)

This way I can read and compensate the meth line pressure while varying the duty-cycle of the injectors or while the boost pressure increase.
This way I can always have 100% control of the pressure for the injectors.

Tank with fittings

What you can see in the battery compartment (pressure sensor to be connected soon)

Also a test in open-air with 40% Inj duty-cycle and 30% pump duty-cycle.

Last edited by Aliendex; 05-24-2021 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
Doctor_X1158.00